• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our State Lawmakers That Carry at the Capitol

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020325837_legislaturegunsxml.html

OLYMPIA — For Rep. David Taylor, a gun is like an article of clothing. He wears it everywhere — even on the floor of the state House of Representatives.
“I’ve carried for so long that it’s second nature to me. It’s almost like, if for some reason I don’t have it with me, I feel like I’m missing my wallet,” said Taylor, a two-term Republican from Moxee, Yakima County.
What Taylor does is legal, and he’s not alone. Other state lawmakers say they, too, have carried concealed weapons on the Capitol campus and on the floor. In fact, Washington’s Capitol is one of the few in the country with no restrictions on firearms.

EMNofSeattle

Now we may be one of the few state capitols with no restrictions, but I wonder if all those states exempt the legislators?

Anyway it's good to know we have friends in the capitol building, especially with 1588 coming up. That's what I love about this state, friday Batousaii with his Ruger Vaquero and his friend with a 1911 and AR-15 walked into the capitol and got only "good morning" from the state troopers.

Last edited:

DamonK

Sometimes I really like my state. I still can't wait till I can get moved to the east side of the mountains though...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2