• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another anti-OC article at USACarry.com

Brion

Forgive me if this is a repost, I'm a ask for forgiveness instead of as for permission kind of guy anyway.

http://www.usacarry.com/keep-it-secret-keep-it-safe/

In short it's the standard you SHOULD ALWAYS conceal because it's not to cause alarm, and because it's element of suprise. They defeat their own argument when the say that attacks happen because criminals just roll the dice when they choose a victim and assume they are not armed. I'm still waiting of the story about a guy that walks into a gas stop that he plans to rob, see a man that is OCing and shoots him and continues to rob the store.

Just sayin,

Brion

SavageOne

What the author of the article forgets is that in the very books he quotes there are many instances of violence being avoided simply because the heroes had their "shining swords" openly displayed.

Lasjayhawk

I'd rather TBG sees the gun and goes elsewhere than have to shoot him because he was surprised I was armed. :)

DamonK

Oh man, that kinda made me mad. I left him a little comment...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Redbaron007

He's trying to maintain job security. He's hyperboling (sp)!

He has assured himself of no credibility. Sounds like LGS sales clerks who hate Glocks or the other plastic guns and says they don't work.......just because they are ugly.

DamonK

He's trying to maintain job security. He's hyperboling (sp)!

He has assured himself of no credibility. Sounds like LGS sales clerks who hate Glocks or the other plastic guns and says they don't work.......just because they are ugly.

Well, in my opinion they are fugly. But they certainly do work. I have to admit I've been looking at some options for a deep concealment carry and I may be going with a glock because of the weight. But I will maintain till I die that my 1911s and Sigs are better! :D

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2