Thread: Proactive Shooters Class

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Proactive Shooters Class

We've had a lot of new people here that have asked about classes, especially CHP classes. Why go on an Open Carry Board to get that information is beyond me....but they do it.

So....If you're going to take a class, at least take a good one. (I have seen CHP instructors here that really need to go back to school.)

Several years ago I took Jim's class (and no, I wasn't going to get a CHP). I did a writeup about it in OVN. I was impressed with the whole presentation.

Today, I sat through the majority of one again (No, I'm not going to get a CHP).
    If I was impressed the first time, I was blown away this time.

Everything has improved, his outline, presentation, demonstration tools, knowledge base...everything.

I couldn't rate it any higher.

To clarify, are you planning on getting a concealed carry permit?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltH2OHokie View Post
    To clarify, are you planning on getting a concealed carry permit?
    Presuming that "you" above refers to Peter Nap.

Not liable to happen unless OC were made illegal in Virginia.........and I'm not so sure even then.

IMO, what Peter is saying is that Jim's (Proactive Shooters Class) is a great place to start whether you are going to CC or OC + makes a great review class for someone like Peter who has seen a lot of water over the dam.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I don't reckon my sarcasm was properly conveyed :-) one of the limits of "talking" without vocal inflections or facial expression.

Yes, I've gathered both through context and the clearly, and redundantly worded direct statements above, that he is opposed in principal to asking permission for a right. I also think things are far less black and white than that, though I fully agree in principal.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    We've had a lot of new people here that have asked about classes, especially CHP classes. Why go on an Open Carry Board to get that information is beyond me....but they do it.

So....If you're going to take a class, at least take a good one. (I have seen CHP instructors here that really need to go back to school.)

Several years ago I took Jim's class (and no, I wasn't going to get a CHP). I did a writeup about it in OVN. I was impressed with the whole presentation.

Today, I sat through the majority of one again (No, I'm not going to get a CHP).
    If I was impressed the first time, I was blown away this time.

Everything has improved, his outline, presentation, demonstration tools, knowledge base...everything.

I couldn't rate it any higher.

Thank you for the wonderful comments!

Satisfied customers are our best advertising!!!

Thanks for coming out yesterday, and for the video work.

Jim
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I took Jim's class two years ago this coming May. Well worth the minor cost and the drive down. I just found out that a friend of mine has signed up, or is going to sign up, for an up coming class. Treat her right. She's a fine lady and a good friend.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I took Jim's class two years ago this coming May. Well worth the minor cost and the drive down. I just found out that a friend of mine has signed up, or is going to sign up, for an up coming class. Treat her right. She's a fine lady and a good friend.
    Will do, and thanks!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    My wife is part of a homeschool co-op and another lady at my church has another bunch of women who want to take a handgun class of the basic kind, as a group. WHO would y'all recommend down in the Western Tidewater area for me to line them up with? Don't see it as a CHP class per se, more of a basic gun/self-defense, mindset, legal type class for defense, whether concealed or open carry, for those who are not at the stage yet to decide what kind of carry and what style of holster to buy.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    My wife is part of a homeschool co-op and another lady at my church has another bunch of women who want to take a handgun class of the basic kind, as a group. WHO would y'all recommend down in the Western Tidewater area for me to line them up with? Don't see it as a CHP class per se, more of a basic gun/self-defense, mindset, legal type class for defense, whether concealed or open carry, for those who are not at the stage yet to decide what kind of carry and what style of holster to buy.
    Not to steal anybody else's thunder or tip over their rice bowl, and certainly not because Jim pays me lots of money for recommending his classes, but he will (so I have heard it said) travel for a group class.

If not Jim, then look for Refuse to be a Victim Personal Protection in the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home class offerings. Go here http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx , select the desited class(es), and enter the ZIP code.

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 02-12-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added 2 more classes to list
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I do travel for classes and would be happy to help if I can.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I do travel for classes and would be happy to help if I can.
    Thanks--I will direct them to you. Look for a PM from me
    OVJ
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?