Thread: Firearms bills in committee week of 2/11

Firearms bills in committee week of 2/11

Lots of bills in different committees this week so only one message about them.

Public Safety Committee - meets Wednesday at 10:30am in room 432A of the capitol.

List of Members

HB1243
    Text of measure
    Some cleanup language with the new name of "handgun license" and specifies when a preclusion period begins.

HB1366
    Text of measure
    Adds some clarification language, a committee substitute has been filed, but is not yet available.

HB1462
    Text of measure
    Would allow for a 10 year instructors license, instructors would not have to submit finger prints all the time, remove the $60 safety class fee limit.

HB1894
    Text of measure
    Removes the $60 safety class fee limit, provides for gun range liability exemption, provides for liability protection to land owners who allow others to hunt or fish on their land

House Judiciary Committee - Meets Tuesday at 3:00pm in room 432A of the capitol

List of Members
    *note* Rep. Osborn(R) the committee chair has opposed pro 2A firearm legislation in the past.

HB1558
    Text of measure
    Would allow permit holders to carry on buses. Private property rights and school rules would still apply.

House States Rights Committee - Meets Tuesday at 3:00pm in room 512 of the capitol
    List of Members

HJR1026
    Text of measure
    Would put a measure on the ballot to strengthen the firearms wording in the OK constitution. Could lead to constitutional carry.

Senate Rules Committee - Meets Wednesday whenever they want

List of Members

SB401
    Text of measure
    This would nullify the Federal Gun Free School Zone for anyone who is lawfully able to possess a firearm in Oklahoma.

SB548
    Text of measure
    This would nullify federal gun restrictions and bans in OK and provide punishment for anyone who tried to enforce a federal gun restriction.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

HB 1558 made it out of committee. I contacted my rep (Kay Floyd D-OKC) about supporting it when it hits the house, without expecting any response. It seems that even a form letter from our state reps is too much to ask, but, much to my surprise, one of her staffers called me back about it today. They left a message saying they wanted to discuss it with me (I was at work). Who knows what they will say when I call them back tomorrow, but it's a better response than I thought I would get.

Has there been any updates to these bill or have they been kicked out?

These are the only ones left

These are the only bills left that can be accepted this session:

HB1243
    HB1462
    HB1558
    HB1622
    HB2042

SB173
    SB206
    SB394
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Thanks hrdware. I was just wondering how things were going with the current bills. Thanks