• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms bills in committee week of 2/11

hrdware

Lots of bills in different committees this week so only one message about them.

Public Safety Committee - meets Wednesday at 10:30am in room 432A of the capitol.

List of Members

HB1243
Text of measure
Some cleanup language with the new name of "handgun license" and specifies when a preclusion period begins.

HB1366
Text of measure
Adds some clarification language, a committee substitute has been filed, but is not yet available.

HB1462
Text of measure
Would allow for a 10 year instructors license, instructors would not have to submit finger prints all the time, remove the $60 safety class fee limit.

HB1894
Text of measure
Removes the $60 safety class fee limit, provides for gun range liability exemption, provides for liability protection to land owners who allow others to hunt or fish on their land

House Judiciary Committee - Meets Tuesday at 3:00pm in room 432A of the capitol

List of Members
*note* Rep. Osborn(R) the committee chair has opposed pro 2A firearm legislation in the past.

HB1558
Text of measure
Would allow permit holders to carry on buses. Private property rights and school rules would still apply.

House States Rights Committee - Meets Tuesday at 3:00pm in room 512 of the capitol
List of Members

HJR1026
Text of measure
Would put a measure on the ballot to strengthen the firearms wording in the OK constitution. Could lead to constitutional carry.

Senate Rules Committee - Meets Wednesday whenever they want

List of Members

SB401
Text of measure
This would nullify the Federal Gun Free School Zone for anyone who is lawfully able to possess a firearm in Oklahoma.

SB548
Text of measure
This would nullify federal gun restrictions and bans in OK and provide punishment for anyone who tried to enforce a federal gun restriction.

yoshieslunchbox

HB 1558 made it out of committee. I contacted my rep (Kay Floyd D-OKC) about supporting it when it hits the house, without expecting any response. It seems that even a form letter from our state reps is too much to ask, but, much to my surprise, one of her staffers called me back about it today. They left a message saying they wanted to discuss it with me (I was at work). Who knows what they will say when I call them back tomorrow, but it's a better response than I thought I would get.

glock22oc

Thanks hrdware. I was just wondering how things were going with the current bills. Thanks