• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legislative Alert. Gun Bills in hearings this week in Oly (Feb 12th and 13th)

Joao01

House Bills 1096 Concearning firearm possession by minors, 1676 safe storage of firearms, 1147 unlawful posession, 1588 background checks, and 1612 firearm offenders are all being discussed this week by the Judiciary Committee. The one about minors is tomorrow, 11 Feb. The others appears to be 12 Feb at 10AM. Still nothing on HB 1371.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Committees/JUDI/Pages/Agendas.aspx

SeattleWingsfan

I just got this in my e-mail because I am a Precinct Commitee Officer. It says to share so here you go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:30:53 -0800
Subject: Second Amendment Meeting
To:

Greetings,

I want to thank you and your group for inviting me to speak on Second Amendment issues. Your group had some great questions. Please relay the following information to your members.

As promised, I have a list below of great websites online for your members to access. Feel free to connect with me on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, the links are at the bottom of this e-mail.

There is a hearing tomorrow in Olympia concerning some very serious gun control bills that may come up for a vote. If we can't maintain control over our local political sphere, how can we hope to influence policy that is national in scope?

The meeting is with the House Judiciary Committee this Wednesday, February 13 (tomorrow). This hearing will begin at 8:00 a.m. in House Hearing Room A of the John L. O’Brien Building in Olympia. Please attend and express your opposition to these gun control measures. If you can't attend, contact the members on the list from the link below (as well as your own representatives in Olympia) and express your displeasure with these bills.

More information on the bills in question can be obtained here: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...needed-to-defeat-numerous-anti-gun-bills.aspx

The most important e-mail list for Second Amendment supporters in Washington State is Joe Waldron's "GOAL Post" via the Gun Owners Action League. Every one of your members concerned with Second Amendment issues in Washington State should sign up for this e-mail alert!

Here's how: If you want to subscribe to the GOAL Post by e-mail, send a message to: JWaldron@halcyon.com. Please pass GOAL Post on to anyone you believe may have an interest in protecting our rights. Better yet, make a couple of copies of this message, post it on your gun club’s bulletin board, and leave copies with your local gun shop(s). PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED TO DUPLICATE OR REDISTRIBUTE GOAL POST PROVIDED IT IS REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY WITHOUT TEXTUAL MODIFICATION AND CREDIT IS GIVEN TO GOAL.

Notable Second Amendment Internet Websites

NATIONAL GROUPS

Second Amendment Foundation: SAF.org

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms: CCRKBA.org

Firearms Policy Coalition: FirearmsPolicy.org

Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership: DRGO.us

INTERNATIONAL

International Association for the Protection of Civilian Arms Rights: IAPCAR.org

GUN NEWS

Print/Online - TheGunMag (Formerly GunWeek): TheGunMag.com

NEWS LINKS

Keep And Bear Arms: KeepAndBearArms.com

The Gun Wire: TheGunWire.com

LOCAL (WASHINGTON STATE)

Washington Arms Collectors: WashingtonArmsCollectors.org

Wasington State Rifle and Pistol Associaiton: WSRPA.net

Online Forum: WAGuns.org

Yours in Freedom,

Phil Watson

FrayedString

House Bills 1096 Concearning firearm possession by minors, 1676 safe storage of firearms, 1147 unlawful posession, 1588 background checks, and 1612 firearm offenders are all being discussed this week by the Judiciary Committee. The one about minors is tomorrow, 11 Feb. The others appears to be 12 Feb at 10AM. Still nothing on HB 1371.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Committees/JUDI/Pages/Agendas.aspx

HB 1612 was signed into law on May 8.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1612&year=2013

EMNofSeattle