Thread: Open Carry in Roanoke va.

Open Carry in Roanoke va.

I open carry all the time ,glock17 anybody ever wantto get together to support open carry ,please let me know..

I live in Craig County ,but travel to Salem all the time.

Mark

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO Mark.

Moved you post/thread to the Virginia sub-forum as the topic is germane to Virginia only.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Howdy Mark, welcome to OCDO! The wifester and I get down to Roanoke quite regularly, and I know there are a couple OCDOers down that way that occasionally pop in, and there are some not on OCDO who might be up for a meal. Do you have a favored spot to eat down there for a meetup?

Open carry get together in Roanoke

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Howdy Mark, welcome to OCDO! The wifester and I get down to Roanoke quite regularly, and I know there are a couple OCDOers down that way that occasionally pop in, and there are some not on OCDO who might be up for a meal. Do you have a favored spot to eat down there for a meetup?
    I generally eat at Bojangles in Salem "retired" of course. A good place to meet other open carry owners in Famous Anthonys ,roanoke or Salem. Would like to meet other open carry members anytime for a meal to get to know each other .
    I live in Craig County where it is the norn to open carry. If interested feel free to email . amomentintime1957@gmail.com I will send phone no. by email.

thanks friends
    Last edited by MarkGuthrie; 02-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGuthrie View Post
    I generally eat at Bojangles in Salem "retired" of course. A good place to meet other open carry owners in Famous Anthonys ,roanoke or Salem. Would like to meet other open carry members anytime for a meal to get to know each other .
    I live in Craig County where it is the norn to open carry. If interested feel free to --snipped--

thanks friends
    We have a very good PM (private message) system - just click on the user's name with whom you wish to correspond.

Would recommend that you edit/delete your email address.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

May be moving to roanoke county this coming week. How is the OC down that way?

Quote Originally Posted by WildMan View Post
    May be moving to roanoke county this coming week. How is the OC down that way?
    See post #3 OF this thread. User jmelvin is quite active out that way. You might send him a PM.

Founder's Club Member
    The wife and I don't get down to Roanoke as often as we used to now that we have one young'n and another on the way, but when we go I have no issues openly carrying provided I stay out of places that are clearly marked (like anywhere). There are a handful of Roanokers here on the board, but given that there is little discussion of issues, my conclusion is that it's not at all problematic there. At some point in the near future I need to set up an OC lunch here in the Lynchburg area, but things are terribly busy right now as we prep for child #2 and some other life changes. Hopefully I'll get something together mid-fall.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 07-14-2017 at 09:52 AM.