• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Roanoke va.

MarkGuthrie

I open carry all the time ,glock17 anybody ever wantto get together to support open carry ,please let me know..

I live in Craig County ,but travel to Salem all the time.

Mark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO Mark.

Moved you post/thread to the Virginia sub-forum as the topic is germane to Virginia only.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Howdy Mark, welcome to OCDO! The wifester and I get down to Roanoke quite regularly, and I know there are a couple OCDOers down that way that occasionally pop in, and there are some not on OCDO who might be up for a meal. Do you have a favored spot to eat down there for a meetup?

MarkGuthrie

Open carry get together in Roanoke

Howdy Mark, welcome to OCDO! The wifester and I get down to Roanoke quite regularly, and I know there are a couple OCDOers down that way that occasionally pop in, and there are some not on OCDO who might be up for a meal. Do you have a favored spot to eat down there for a meetup?

I generally eat at Bojangles in Salem "retired" of course. A good place to meet other open carry owners in Famous Anthonys ,roanoke or Salem. Would like to meet other open carry members anytime for a meal to get to know each other .
I live in Craig County where it is the norn to open carry. If interested feel free to email . amomentintime1957@gmail.com I will send phone no. by email.

thanks friends

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I generally eat at Bojangles in Salem "retired" of course. A good place to meet other open carry owners in Famous Anthonys ,roanoke or Salem. Would like to meet other open carry members anytime for a meal to get to know each other .
I live in Craig County where it is the norn to open carry. If interested feel free to --snipped--

thanks friends

We have a very good PM (private message) system - just click on the user's name with whom you wish to correspond.

Would recommend that you edit/delete your email address.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The wife and I don't get down to Roanoke as often as we used to now that we have one young'n and another on the way, but when we go I have no issues openly carrying provided I stay out of places that are clearly marked (like anywhere). There are a handful of Roanokers here on the board, but given that there is little discussion of issues, my conclusion is that it's not at all problematic there. At some point in the near future I need to set up an OC lunch here in the Lynchburg area, but things are terribly busy right now as we prep for child #2 and some other life changes. Hopefully I'll get something together mid-fall.

Last edited: