• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade

eye95

I would not support "the president" at all, since he is behaving despotically.

That being said, you are right. We should be fighting the real threats, not this silly stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

It was directed at you. MAC posted while I typed - I was going to fix that oversight, but figured y'all would ask.

I'm not supporting "Obama", I am supporting "the President". He has the job, and we have to live with that for a few more years, so why be miserable for no good reason? Save the misery for the real issues, like the AWB, mag limits, economic problems, and progressive politics.

When Mr. Obama was running for this job the first time, he made it clear that while he supported state and local gun control, he felt that it wasn't in the purview of the federal government. President Obama obviously has been convinced to abuse the office and do otherwise, since he can never really run for political office again. Kind of a "power corrupts" sort of thing.

Well I didn't question Obama I questioned the remark regarding the marines carrying boltless rifles due to weight. YOU being the Obama apologist you are took the request for cite out of context, showing that your tin foil hat is not screwed on tight enough. If you are going to bash someone for your "chosen one" you should wait until they actually bash the moron, otherwise you look just as stupid as him.

Plus I made no mention of carrying a 10 pound rifle, MAC did. So it looks like you are caught in a lie also.

Last edited:

Snazuolu

Honor guards are NOT drill teams nor do they march for these parade events.

that's odd.. we did drill. we even were invited to perform at an Order of the Sword event at Andrews AFB. And when you say THESE parades.. you need to explain... so honor guards carry working rifles yet non-honor guard marines carry non-working rifles?? yea you need to explain that logic

jrj_51

I have no cite to reference but I do have personal experience. In the 82nd Airborne we have an annual Division Review with M4's and bayonets. At one of those reviews President Bush was there as a guest (I can't recall the year but I think it was'08). The security was ridiculous and the whole event was more painful and irritating than usual. The M4 I carried on the parade field was the same one I deployed with and the bolt was removed. I don't doubt that the Marines carried rifles with no bolts.

Last edited:

RayBurton72

During my service in the Marines (91-95) I marched in numerous parades and was detailed to serve in the Regimental color guard.

I have never seen a "parade" rifle, much less used one. Before each event, we would go to the armory, draw our rifle and form up for parade.

Even on the first day in boot camp, we were issued our utilities and boots, then went to the armory and drew fully functional m-16s.

Now I never served at 8th & I, so I am not saying it isn't the case here, but it isn't the norm for a military unit to have a couple of hundred fake rifles laying around for ceremonies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matt2636

im sorry but all of you are wrong. you are all wrong to assume that a Marine with no rifle is unarmed or a Marine with a nonfuctioning weapon of oppertunity is unarmed!