Thread: OC on a motorcycle

OC on a motorcycle

So I know several people here ride and OC. I was wondering if anyone has been profiled and pulled over for OCing because of being on a motorcycle?

Thanks

PS. Looking to get into the realm of streetbikes like I always wanted to. Looking at a fightered 636. Rode dirt bikes as a kid.

I think it would be hard to notice while riding. If someone were to spot a pistol how much attention are they paying to the road? Also with right handed people pistol is not visible to oncoming traffic. The main question I get when riding is when I stop somewhere and someone asks if I am afraid my pistol will fall off.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

OC on a motorcycle

I haven't been on the forum since I moved to NC, but back home in Michigan riding a motorcycle and OCing was illegal.
    The act of riding the motorcycle, similar to a car, deemed the carry "concealed".
    I should really have looked at NC's open carry rules before posting this, but admittedly I did not.

*UPDATE: I went over the NC open carry rules/regulations and you can open carry in your car/motorcycle. Knowledge is power - I should've read up on this prior to posting. But hey, now you guys know that you can't OC in your vehicle in Michigan. :P
    Last edited by kidaquarius; 02-12-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidaquarius View Post
    The act of riding the motorcycle, similar to a car, deemed the carry "concealed".
    I "Open Carry" in my car ALL THE TIME

I open carry on my bike every day and I can assure my pistol has never been the reason for a stop. 80 miles round trip to work in Sanford from Fayetteville.

Thanks for the reply guys! I plan on OCing everywhere on the bike like I do right now, so I'm not worried about being stopped. Just wondering if it has happened to people before.

Thanks

The only issue I have ever had while OCing and riding my motorcycle was when I got caught in a downpour. I had to transfer from OC to CC (under my leather jacket). So the CHP came in handy for that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    The only issue I have ever had while OCing and riding my motorcycle was when I got caught in a downpour. I had to transfer from OC to CC (under my leather jacket). So the CHP came in handy for that situation.
    +1,000

clear ziplock bag over pistol?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

If you're worried about your powder getting wet, or the gun rusting, maybe it's time to upgrade........

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    If you're worried about your powder getting wet, or the gun rusting, maybe it's time to upgrade........
    No way, brother! My semi-auto flintlock kicks arse!

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    How about water and road grime getting into the insides of your pistol and having to give ot a deep clean as soon as you get home. Maybe somebody should do a torture test by putting a pistol (steel or polymer) at the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket of road runoff for a week. Any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj_51 View Post
    How about water and road grime getting into the insides of your pistol and having to give ot a deep clean as soon as you get home. Maybe somebody should do a torture test by putting a pistol (steel or polymer) at the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket of road runoff for a week. Any volunteers?
    It's already been done. Google "torture test GLOCK". All I carry.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    It's already been done. Google "torture test GLOCK". All I carry.
    Done with road runoff? Including all the oils, fluids, dirt, debris and tobacco spit that mixes in with the rain? Will a pistol last for years with repeated and regular exposure to those things, not just shoot 10,000 rounds a week later?
    Last edited by jrj_51; 02-12-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Old thread I know, what about colder weather riding, my HD leather coat is quite long, when I wear just my vest, I can tuck the vest behind the pistol so it's clearly visible, colder weather, I'll stick it inside my rear tourpack till I get to work and install in my holster. What do you guys do in the colder months??? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nikogto View Post
    Old thread I know, what about colder weather riding, my HD leather coat is quite long, when I wear just my vest, I can tuck the vest behind the pistol so it's clearly visible, colder weather, I'll stick it inside my rear tourpack till I get to work and install in my holster. What do you guys do in the colder months??? Thanks.
    don't ride my scoot?

kinda defeats the purpose for SD if you look at the bad-guy and say... "excuse me can you hang on and wait a moment as i have to get my pistola out of my tour bag, then i will be able to whoop up on your butt..."

seriously tho, only option i could even imagine is a shoulder holster worn on the outside of your name brand leather coat!!

oh ya, get a CHP and life is good, your pistola is nice and dry and available under your coat and you are legal.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

@nikogto----One thing for colder weather is whether you wear a full body suit or chaps. Both present their own unique challenges. Another thing to consider is the type of handwear you choose. Padded for winter vs. thin, or none, for summer. Just like using hantools in the shop, your firearm will feel different when you wear gloves. Oh yeah, don't forget about riding in the rain. It is either tough it out and keep going, or pullover and drag out the rain gear. I have had to deal with all three weather situations, hot-cold-rainy, or a combination thereof during daytime and nighttime excursions. However you ride and carry, be alert and stay safe.

Oh yeah, my method of carry is a leather belt worn outside all my gear.
    Last edited by Bearfoot; 11-01-2015 at 07:01 PM.