• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC/ OC in a commercial vehicle-legal or not?

Bullbuster

I haven't found any info as of yet but I was told today that it is illegal to carry in a commercial vehicle. My place of business allows us to carry (request we CC and not OC). Well we also deliver products all over OK. In the past it was fine if we carried. Apparently the big boss/owner was informed of this so now we can not carry why making deliveries.
Can someone point me in the right direction so I may find said law. If its bogus then I will let the boss know.

Keylock

I haven't found any info as of yet but I was told today that it is illegal to carry in a commercial vehicle. My place of business allows us to carry (request we CC and not OC). Well we also deliver products all over OK. In the past it was fine if we carried. Apparently the big boss/owner was informed of this so now we can not carry why making deliveries.
Can someone point me in the right direction so I may find said law. If its bogus then I will let the boss know.

It's bogus. The FMSCA has nothing in it that deals with carrying in a commercial vehicle. A little over a year ago I was rolling through Dallas, TX and was pulled over by a TX trooper for a burned out marker light. When he got to the cab of my rig I presented my license and arms permit and told him I was carrying. No problems and after informing me of the light was released to carry on.

My current employer has a no arms policy. I abide by it when in their vehicle as I signed an agreement to abide by there rules as condition of employment. And since I go to Canada a lot, being armed isn't an option.

edit: Just remember to be up to speed on reciprocity agreements if you go outside Oklahoma. And don't go onto military or other federal property with arms.

Last edited:

Bullbuster

Talked to my boss who talked to the owner who in turn talked to me. I told him that no law in OK or Fed prohibits carrying in a commercial vehicle. So when making deliveries we are good to go to. Was was pleased and said thank you for taking the time to check into it.

Thanks again to y'all for the assistance.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Talked to my boss who talked to the owner who in turn talked to me. I told him that no law in OK or Fed prohibits carrying in a commercial vehicle. So when making deliveries we are good to go to. Was was pleased and said thank you for taking the time to check into it.

Thanks again to y'all for the assistance.

I'm glad that you were able to have a productive discussion with your employer. I'm also glad that we were able to help with information!