• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interview worth watching

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The guest does an excellent job of combating the interviewer while keeping his cool. But he makes several mistakes. At one point the interviewer brings up assault weapons [rifles] shorter after the 3:00 mark and the guest corrects him in the definition of an assault rifle. But then soon thereafter, the guest uses that term when talking about semi-automatic rifles. He does this twice.

Now while some people in the gun culture think this is nitpicking and playing with semantics, believe it is not. The anti's have managed to get us, gun people, to use the terms "assault weapon" and "assault rifle" when referring to semi-auto rifles. This was there intent in the late 1980's and they won on this. We have got to stop using those terms when we are talking about semi-automatic rifles.

Esanders2008

I am actually writing a definitional argument essay on the topic of assault weapon as a term. It is in the general discussion forum. /hijack