Thread: OMG, Call the ATF. New Class 3 weapon.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

OMG, Call the ATF. New Class 3 weapon.

Ya vol. Check this out. Full auto slingshot. Guess he'll have to get a $200 stamp for this.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-it-in-action/
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Ha that's awesome! Human ingenuity continues to amaze me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Ha that's awesome! Human ingenuity continues to amaze me.
    Can we contact him for an upgraded design?

Box magazine of say 500 bolts, and the system automatically re-pulls the rubbers and reloads the bolts. THEN i'll say he has a WEAPON. This is not to say that what he's designed already isn't a weapon.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Uh oh, it also has a pistol like grip. We are doomed.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Can we contact him for an upgraded design?

Box magazine of say 500 bolts, and the system automatically re-pulls the rubbers and reloads the bolts. THEN i'll say he has a WEAPON. This is not to say that what he's designed already isn't a weapon.
    That is what is great about people, and human ingenuity! It's beyond my skill set but I am sure some one can improve on his design and do exactly that. Say as it revolves, it has a lever that pulls and sets the rubbers back......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    That is what is great about people, and human ingenuity! It's beyond my skill set but I am sure some one can improve on his design and do exactly that. Say as it revolves, it has a lever that pulls and sets the rubbers back......
    I would think that something like a threaded shaft that was positioned under each barrel could engage a carrier at the end of the barrel after a bolt clears the muzzle. The threaded shaft would then move the carrier to the breach end of the barrel. Perhaps the bolts could be loaded in a manner like a tubular magazine where they are lined up along the top of the barrel and after the carrier is brought back to home, the next bolt in line drops in place ready to fire.

I would never have the time to do what he does. He designs and then builds up all these crazy cool wooden projectile throwers. That Gatling style bolt gun is very elaborate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4RKoRyTik - full auto crossbow

Not a firearm.

Yet.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4RKoRyTik - full auto crossbow

Not a firearm.

Yet.

stay safe.
    I still like it!
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

It's cool. I just had the depressing thought of: if many of our "leaders" have their way, we will all be trying to build one of these soon...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    It's cool. I just had the depressing thought of: if many of our "leaders" have their way, we will all be trying to build one of these soon...
    And then they'll expand the Mag restrictions to crossbow pistol bolts.... no more than 10 and the device must be single shot only!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Misleading. He calls it a Gatling. A Gatling loads itself from an ammunition supply and keeps shooting. This is nothing more than a preloaded pepperbox. Cool, yes, but not a Gatling.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I can't get this site to load. Is it just me or is the story removed now?

UPDATE: I finally got it to load. I had to stop it and reload it. If I follow it straight from the link it doesn't load for me. *shrug*

Orion
    Last edited by Orion_13; 02-17-2013 at 09:40 AM.