Thread: A police officer's oath?

A police officer's oath?

Saw this on Facebook and wonder what people might think of this.

A police officers job begins with his oath, it is absolutely NOT to act solely as a law enforcement officer. There are 3 branches of government, each is to function as a check and balance for the other. When the legislative branch violates its oath by passing an unconstitutional law, it is the primary function of the police to uphold their oaths by refusing to enforce the offending law. It is the DUTY of each officer to stand between the legislature and the citizen as a check and balance of this government power.

Law enforcement is the second role of the police officer in our society. Unfortunately, most people don't realize how f-ed up our system has become, they don't know what the oath means, or why they swear to it. The result, is that we have an out of control legislature, whose ideas are being rammed down our throats by a police force that has forfeited any assumed respect, has actively taken a leading role in destroying my country, and has reduced itself into the most highly organized, highly funded street gangs in the history of human civilization.

I find it really hard to believe that all the peaceful and legal channels available to us, public square, voting, running for office, etc and so forth, are going to be able to correct this situation. Must be another way that our forefathers laid out for us in case such a situation came to pass in our nation.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

It starts with someone's motivation.

Why do many people that become police officers WANT to be police officers?

Because that is what is being demonstrated when we see what they actually do when they become police officers.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It starts with someone's motivation.

Why do many people that become police officers WANT to be police officers?

Because that is what is being demonstrated when we see what they actually do when they become police officers.
    Its an easy job with good pay and benefits ....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its an easy job ...
    WHAT !?!?!

I thought it was the most dangerous job in the world, meriting special treatment and weapons.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I thought the three branches of the government were the People, the State(s), and the Federal..... With the State and Federal branches being further subdivided into Legislative, Judicial, and Executive.
    Last edited by arentol; 02-12-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    I thought the three branches of the government were the People, the State(s), and the Federal..... With the State and Federal branches being further subdivided into Legislative, Judicial, and Executive.
    Ha... you forgot mosquito abatement districts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    There are 3 branches of government
    Actually there are four. The corporate media is perhaps the most important branch for the state. Self censoring apologists for every tyranny are a must.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

A police officer's oath?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its an easy job with good pay and benefits ....
    Absolutely. People who hate you within and without are an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    WHAT !?!?!

I thought it was the most dangerous job in the world, meriting special treatment and weapons.
    It is neither the most dangerous nor the easiest job.

BTDT.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)