• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A police officer's oath?

Raggs

Saw this on Facebook and wonder what people might think of this.

A police officers job begins with his oath, it is absolutely NOT to act solely as a law enforcement officer. There are 3 branches of government, each is to function as a check and balance for the other. When the legislative branch violates its oath by passing an unconstitutional law, it is the primary function of the police to uphold their oaths by refusing to enforce the offending law. It is the DUTY of each officer to stand between the legislature and the citizen as a check and balance of this government power.

Law enforcement is the second role of the police officer in our society. Unfortunately, most people don't realize how f-ed up our system has become, they don't know what the oath means, or why they swear to it. The result, is that we have an out of control legislature, whose ideas are being rammed down our throats by a police force that has forfeited any assumed respect, has actively taken a leading role in destroying my country, and has reduced itself into the most highly organized, highly funded street gangs in the history of human civilization.

I find it really hard to believe that all the peaceful and legal channels available to us, public square, voting, running for office, etc and so forth, are going to be able to correct this situation. Must be another way that our forefathers laid out for us in case such a situation came to pass in our nation.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It starts with someone's motivation.

Why do many people that become police officers WANT to be police officers?

Because that is what is being demonstrated when we see what they actually do when they become police officers.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It starts with someone's motivation.

Why do many people that become police officers WANT to be police officers?

Because that is what is being demonstrated when we see what they actually do when they become police officers.

Its an easy job with good pay and benefits ....

arentol

I thought the three branches of the government were the People, the State(s), and the Federal..... With the State and Federal branches being further subdivided into Legislative, Judicial, and Executive.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I thought the three branches of the government were the People, the State(s), and the Federal..... With the State and Federal branches being further subdivided into Legislative, Judicial, and Executive.

Ha... you forgot mosquito abatement districts ...