• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When Nature calls in Public

Flopsweat

what are public restrooms?

Well, in Pioneer Square they're also called "Doorways". Does that help? ;)

More to the topic, IWB I wrap the waistband of the pants around the holster, OWB with a paddle holster it stays put pretty well since I usually wear a very stiff Bladetech belt. Either way I leave the belt above the knees - never got into that drop everything to the floor bit.

bmg50cal

Another option; wear some sort of shoulder bag to put that OC into during nature call. For the guys that are fearful to be seen carry a "man bag" or a "murse" get over it.

• Camera bag
  • Newspaper bag a.k.a. newsboy bag
  • Messenger/courier bag
  • "CCW' bag

These things are handy for carrying all kinds of other useful stuff and could easily turn into a miniature survival or a "bug out" bag.

• Food/Water
  • Phone & charger
  • Keys
  • First aid
  • Tablet computer
  • Camera
  • Audio recorder
  • Multi-tool
  • etc

Samantha

Depending on which gun I'm carrying I'll put it in my purse or my bra also some women's bathrooms have small shelves in the stalls.

sudden valley gunner

Well, in Pioneer Square they're also called "Doorways". Does that help? ;)

More to the topic, IWB I wrap the waistband of the pants around the holster, OWB with a paddle holster it stays put pretty well since I usually wear a very stiff Bladetech belt. Either way I leave the belt above the knees - never got into that drop everything to the floor bit.

Too bad ADA helps support urine smelling public spaces.:p

psbart

one of the few advantages to being a woman :). I am most fond of wearing my OWB holster with skirts. don't have to fuss with my sidearm at all to use a restroom (private or public :p )

EMNofSeattle

I just choose to use the ADA stall and stick the gun on the bar next to the throne. usually it's just enough distance to wrap your hand around, meaning just close enough that a revolver cylinder will lodge the firearm in place.