Thread: Hello from Raleigh! Newish resident of the area.

Hello from Raleigh! Newish resident of the area.

Fellow 2A & OC Supporters,

Hi, my name name is Pete. I'm relatively new to Raleigh, having moved from Meteo Detroit approximately one year ago. Since I've moved here, I have not OC'd like I did back home.

I think the stress of moving to a temporary rental, finding a house, starting a new career, etc was priority to OCing. Don't get me wrong, I always supported the cause but I think life got in the way a little bit. Now that I'm settled, it's time to exercise the 2A again.

Thus far from what I've read about NC, open carry is more accepted down here and the laws are more lenient then back home. For example, you can OC in your car in NC unlike home.

Now that my mini introduction is over with, I was curious to know if any of you lived or worked in the Raleigh area and how accepted OCing was by businesses and the general public. Are their get togethers in this area and where's the best range?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

-Pete

Can only tell you about the mountain area, we like our guns. Never hear about anyone breaking in on someone here. Welcome to nc

Hi Pete and welcome to North Carolina!

I moved to Cary about a year ago and so far haven't really tested the waters with OCing in the area. I'm working on getting my CHP as my Virginia CHP recently expired but I'm also very interested in any experiences people have had in the Triangle so I'll just bump your thread for you...

Anyone out there from Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary or surrounding areas that have had either positive or negative experiences when OCing?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kidaquarius View Post

Hi, my name name is Pete. I'm relatively new to Raleigh, having moved from Meteo Detroit approximately one year ago. Since I've moved here, I have not OC'd like I did back home.

I think the stress of moving to a temporary rental, finding a house, starting a new career, etc was priority to OCing. Don't get me wrong, I always supported the cause but I think life got in the way a little bit. Now that I'm settled, it's time to exercise the 2A again.

Thus far from what I've read about NC, open carry is more accepted down here and the laws are more lenient then back home. For example, you can OC in your car in NC unlike home.

Now that my mini introduction is over with, I was curious to know if any of you lived or worked in the Raleigh area and how accepted OCing was by businesses and the general public. Are their get togethers in this area and where's the best range?

-Pete

Quote Originally Posted by kidaquarius View Post

-Pete
    Pete, I have open carry meetups on a regular in Raeigh and Clayton, NC. The last one at Pams resturant in Raleigh was wednesday,had 19 OC attending.
    Go to www.meetup.com/triangle-open-carry so see where the next meetup is located.
    Lannie
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

Welcome to NC and OCDO.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Would be interested in meetings as far as OC in NC have had no problems live in Louisburg but visit Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary,Henderson, Durham.Very friendly.Welcome to N.C.

Hello from Raleigh! Newish resident of the area.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I look forward to participating in the forum and hopefully see some of you out and about.