• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from Raleigh! Newish resident of the area.

kidaquarius

Fellow 2A & OC Supporters,

Hi, my name name is Pete. I'm relatively new to Raleigh, having moved from Meteo Detroit approximately one year ago. Since I've moved here, I have not OC'd like I did back home.

I think the stress of moving to a temporary rental, finding a house, starting a new career, etc was priority to OCing. Don't get me wrong, I always supported the cause but I think life got in the way a little bit. Now that I'm settled, it's time to exercise the 2A again.

Thus far from what I've read about NC, open carry is more accepted down here and the laws are more lenient then back home. For example, you can OC in your car in NC unlike home.

Now that my mini introduction is over with, I was curious to know if any of you lived or worked in the Raleigh area and how accepted OCing was by businesses and the general public. Are their get togethers in this area and where's the best range?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

-Pete

DezaraX

Hi Pete and welcome to North Carolina!

I moved to Cary about a year ago and so far haven't really tested the waters with OCing in the area. I'm working on getting my CHP as my Virginia CHP recently expired but I'm also very interested in any experiences people have had in the Triangle so I'll just bump your thread for you...

Anyone out there from Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary or surrounding areas that have had either positive or negative experiences when OCing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, my name name is Pete. I'm relatively new to Raleigh, having moved from Meteo Detroit approximately one year ago. Since I've moved here, I have not OC'd like I did back home.

I think the stress of moving to a temporary rental, finding a house, starting a new career, etc was priority to OCing. Don't get me wrong, I always supported the cause but I think life got in the way a little bit. Now that I'm settled, it's time to exercise the 2A again.

Thus far from what I've read about NC, open carry is more accepted down here and the laws are more lenient then back home. For example, you can OC in your car in NC unlike home.

Now that my mini introduction is over with, I was curious to know if any of you lived or worked in the Raleigh area and how accepted OCing was by businesses and the general public. Are their get togethers in this area and where's the best range?

-Pete

lannie

-Pete

Pete, I have open carry meetups on a regular in Raeigh and Clayton, NC. The last one at Pams resturant in Raleigh was wednesday,had 19 OC attending.
Go to www.meetup.com/triangle-open-carry so see where the next meetup is located.
Lannie

linerider69

Would be interested in meetings as far as OC in NC have had no problems live in Louisburg but visit Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary,Henderson, Durham.Very friendly.Welcome to N.C.

kidaquarius

Thanks for the responses everyone. I look forward to participating in the forum and hopefully see some of you out and about.