Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Will Maid be paid Reward for Dorner Information?

  1. #1
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    923

    Will Maid be paid Reward for Dorner Information?

    A million dollar reward was offered by the LAPD for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Christopher Dorner. This story was published in the LA Times on 10 February, 2013.

    The maid that surprised Dorner and told the police where he had been hiding was instrumental in ending the manhunt.

    However, the report said that the reward would be for information leading to the "arrest and conviction" of Dorner. It was always highly doubtful that Dorner would ever be convicted, because it was highly doubtful that Dorner would ever be captured alive. Will the unnamed maid who escaped from Dorner's bonds and whose information lead to the end of the manhunt, receive the offered reward? Dorner will never be convicted now.

    Link to reward story.

    Link to story of maids and Dorner's flight

    Dean Weingarten

    ©2013 by Dean Weingarten. Permission to share granted as long as this notice is included.

    http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/02...or-dorner.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Repaired links

  2. #2
    Regular Member McLintock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Peculiar,MO
    Posts
    89

    Will Maid be paid Reward for Dorner Information?

    In a simple answer NO, because he is dead (maybe as of 12:30 today) but the government will find a way not to pay, plus if she did get it, they would tax it to death.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shoot low boys, their ridin' shetland ponies"

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    After taxes she might have enough to buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Hopefully some citizen will step forward and sue to prevent payment. The state doesn't offer rewards like that for killers of ordinary citizens.

    I heard the statist **** announcing the reward as a recorded excerpt on the radio. I don't recall the exact words, but it was some tripe about not tolerating killers of police.

    Even if you didn't hear the announcement, just the existence of the reward tells you how the state protects its own and what it thinks of mere Mundanes.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I agree, except in fairness to "the state", the reward was put up almost entirely by private citizens and business from what I was told.

    When I heard about the reward I was very interested in going up to Big Bear myself because I am currently close by and have spend many years in those mountains.

    However, when I read the statement about the reward it was made clear "arrest and CONVICTION". The only thing I could imagine was I would catch the guy and then he would pull an OJ on everyone and I would get stiffed.
    OK. Lets say it was business and so forth that put up the money.

    The state **** who made the announcement I heard still tied the reward to government intolerance for killing a cop. And, you don't see a hundred cops patrolling, combing, and shooting up innocents when a couple mundane citizens get murdered.

    And, I kinda wonder whether a buncha businessmen all happened to just send in pledges independently, or was there a state actor soliciting pledges? And, who were pledge-ers? Contractors with ties to the policing industry? A drone manufacturer? A manufacturer or two of some of the other para-military gear cops get to play with?

    Separately, and this is just me, but I wouldn't lift a finger to be fair to the state. Government lies to us multiple times a day. Government parasitically bleeds us of our earnings; and has even made a high art of hiding this by incurring so-called public debt instead of being voted out of office for the taxes they would have to levy if they paid as they went. Demogoguery for their own benefit, too. Nope. Some of the last people I would be fair to is government.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    OK. Lets say it was business and so forth that put up the money.

    The state **** who made the announcement I heard still tied the reward to government intolerance for killing a cop. And, you don't see a hundred cops patrolling, combing, and shooting up innocents when a couple mundane citizens get murdered.

    And, I kinda wonder whether a buncha businessmen all happened to just send in pledges independently, or was there a state actor soliciting pledges? And, who were pledge-ers? Contractors with ties to the policing industry? A drone manufacturer? A manufacturer or two of some of the other para-military gear cops get to play with?

    Separately, and this is just me, but I wouldn't lift a finger to be fair to the state. Government lies to us multiple times a day. Government parasitically bleeds us of our earnings; and has even made a high art of hiding this by incurring so-called public debt instead of being voted out of office for the taxes they would have to levy if they paid as they went. Demogoguery for their own benefit, too. Nope. Some of the last people I would be fair to is government.
    And the ****scrum was very much rewarded by Dorner's murders: think of all the "overtime" they spent protecting...um.........protecting, themselves!

    Now we can hear sob stories about how dangerous being an enforcement drone is. And of course, why we need more "gun control" to help the poor police.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 05:38 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    OK. Lets say it was business and so forth that put up the money.

    The state thug who made the announcement I heard still tied the reward to government intolerance for killing a cop. And, you don't see a hundred cops patrolling, combing, and shooting up innocents when a couple mundane citizens get murdered.

    And, I kinda wonder whether a buncha businessmen all happened to just send in pledges independently, or was there a state actor soliciting pledges? And, who were pledge-ers? Contractors with ties to the policing industry? A drone manufacturer? A manufacturer or two of some of the other para-military gear cops get to play with?
    --snipped--
    "It was amazingly, amazingly easy," Beck said. "When we reached out to members of this community, they gave immediately."
    The reason for such a large reward, the chief said, was "not about capturing a fleeing suspect, but about preventing another crime — likely another murder." Link to reward story.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    The two maids entered a cabin in the 1200 block of Club View Drive, close to Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Resort, and surprised a man who they said resembled the fugitive, a law enforcement official said. The man tied up the maids, and then took off in a purple Nissan parked near the cabin, authorities said.


    One of the maids was eventually able to break free and called 911 at 12:20 p.m., officials said

    ***********************
    Just before 5 p.m., authorities smashed the cabin's windows, pumped in tear gas and called for the suspect to surrender. They got no response, officials said. Then, using a demolition vehicle, they tore down the cabin's walls one by one. By the time they got to the last wall, authorities heard a single gunshot, a source said.

    Then flames began to spread through the structure..............
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...led-cops-.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616

    Caution

    There has been a tendency, on this thread particularly, to refer to LEOs and officials in government under the generalized, collective term "thugs" in direct violation of forum rules. You will note editing/deleting that term as used throughout this thread.

    (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).

    (9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE!

    Personally, I find name calling to be very demeaning to the speaker as well - such bestows a negative aura on the speaker.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: Will Maid be paid Reward for Dorner Information?

    Well let's hope those "good" officers there see to it that the reward / bounty promised is paid. All I can say is the "good" officers that were on site should be thanking their lucky stars that this guy was nuts & not the "tactical guru" they claimed him to be. Had he been so many of them would have been dead as they were "stacked" like sardines behind vehicles less than 100 yards away. Easy prey for someone with skill. Good thing this guy threw smoke bombs and nothing else. Also that he could not find gas tanks in the sights of his 50 cal. Sniper rifle.... just saying... I find it ironic that Dorner & the police command vehicle found themselves located within a couple of blocks from each other with a clear line of site for days? Talk about someone being right under their noses. I doubt we will ever know what really happened and am glad that more innocents weren't killed in this whole hokey pokey man hunt that went on.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There has been a tendency, on this thread particularly, to refer to LEOs and officials in government under the generalized, collective term "thugs" in direct violation of forum rules. You will note editing/deleting that term as used throughout this thread.

    (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).

    (9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE!

    Personally, I find name calling to be very demeaning to the speaker as well - such bestows a negative aura on the speaker.
    Oh? Stretching the rules again, are we?

    I can very easily demonstrate the applicability of the word thug when I use it toward government. Government uses force and threats of force to extract earnings, and force compliance with malum prohibitum laws, most of which are passed solely for political gain or expediency. Moreover, if you or I try to defend ourselves from these depredations with manly force, we'll be killed.

    Never before on this forum was such terminology towards government, used in the way I used it, considered a rules violation. Today, calling a spade a spade is being censored.

    And, don't bother declaring you can delete and edit posts at will; we all know you can and agree with that power. But, to use it without a good explanation that stands up to scrutiny is simply arbitrary, and shows rational inability.
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-14-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  12. #12
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Maids? The better question is how much money will the two innocent bystanders who got shot "by mistake', by 'X' number of **** cops, will receive.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Well let's hope those "good" officers there see to it that the reward / bounty promised is paid. All I can say is the "good" officers that were on site should be thanking their lucky stars that this guy was nuts & not the "tactical guru" they claimed him to be. Had he been so many of them would have been dead as they were "stacked" like sardines behind vehicles less than 100 yards away. Easy prey for someone with skill. Good thing this guy threw smoke bombs and nothing else. Also that he could not find gas tanks in the sights of his 50 cal. Sniper rifle.... just saying... I find it ironic that Dorner & the police command vehicle found themselves located within a couple of blocks from each other with a clear line of site for days? Talk about someone being right under their noses. I doubt we will ever know what really happened and am glad that more innocents weren't killed in this whole hokey pokey man hunt that went on.
    Careful. There is a forum rule change in the air; the wind is blowing against using correct terminology to criticize government. Unless it involves government opposition to gun rights. Then you can attack them all you want.

    Yes, yes. I know the latter is profiling and prejudice, but hey, our moderators feel the same way so they'll overlook that to the point of actually embodying it in the forum rules.
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-14-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Careful. There is a forum rule change in the air; the wind is blowing against using correct terminology to criticize government. Unless it involves government opposition to gun rights. Then you can attack them all you want.

    Yes, yes. I know the latter is profiling and prejudice, but hey, our moderators feel the same way so they'll overlook that to the point of actually embodying it in the forum rules.
    I was just censored for calling grape out. No rules were violated and the entire post was deleted. This is a first in my 6 years on the forum.
    Last edited by 77zach; 02-14-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I was just censored for calling grape out. No rules were violated and the entire post was deleted. This is a first in my 6 years on the forum.
    Grape has a history of distorting the rules. And, not making fine distinctions in their application.

    I didn't see your post before deletion, but there is no rule against PMing deleted posts or gist to one another, so if you want to PM it to me, I'm happy to read it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Maids? The better question is how much money will the two innocent bystanders who got shot "by mistake', by 'X' number of **** cops, will receive.
    Keep this banner flying high. Where was the press outrage? Where is the press outrage?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lynnwood
    Posts
    75
    They will kill her too and say he did it so they can keep the money.
    Its what they call a win/win situation.

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I was just censored for calling grape out. No rules were violated and the entire post was deleted. This is a first in my 6 years on the forum.
    You did not "call me out" - rules were violated. And no it isn't the 1st time, that is why I edited/deleted this time.

    BTW - your original post is archived in administrator/moderator files - it can always be reviewed as I just did.


    PM sent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Grape has a history of distorting the rules. And, not making fine distinctions in their application. I didn't see your post before deletion, but there is no rule against PMing deleted posts or gist to one another, so if you want to PM it to me, I'm happy to read it.
    Citizen, your being insulting again.

    We've had this conversation before where you IMO demand finite/pin point rules and only those be applied in accordance with your terms. I responded that would take a list not unlike Roberts Rules - maybe I should have said like the Code of Va. complete with decimals - that is not likely to happen.

    While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

    This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.

    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You did not "call me out" - rules were violated. And no it isn't the 1st time, that is why I edited/deleted this time.

    BTW - your original post is archived in administrator/moderator files - it can always be reviewed as I just did.


    PM sent.


    Citizen, your being insulting again.

    We've had this conversation before where you IMO demand finite/pin point rules and only those be applied in accordance with your terms. I responded that would take a list not unlike Roberts Rules - maybe I should have said like the Code of Va. complete with decimals - that is not likely to happen.

    While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

    This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.

    Don't try to justify your inconsistent, arbitrary, and thoughtless application of the rules by blaming me--your point about precision rules is a strawman. I wrote earlier today, and it still stands: never before on this forum has the word thug been a rule violation when used as I used it.

    You're making it up as you go along.
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-14-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot

    You did not "call me out" - rules were violated. And no it isn't the 1st time, that is why I edited/deleted this time.

    BTW - your original post is archived in administrator/moderator files - it can always be reviewed as I just did.


    PM sent.


    Citizen, your being insulting again.

    We've had this conversation before where you IMO demand finite/pin point rules and only those be applied in accordance with your terms. I responded that would take a list not unlike Roberts Rules - maybe I should have said like the Code of Va. complete with decimals - that is not likely to happen.

    While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

    This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Don't try to justify your inconsistent, arbitrary, and thoughtless application of the rules by blaming me--your point about precision rules is a strawman. I wrote earlier today, and it still stands: never before on this forum has the word thug been a rule violation when used as I used it.

    You're making it up as you go along.
    What I find most egregious and in total violation of OCDO rule #16 is that you modified/edited my reply (which was clearly to two separate users) to make it appear as if it was all directed solely to you. I would have expected better from you, sir.

    16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

    You were not cited for a rule violation; it was a matter of consistency within the thread. However, now that you point it out, I doubt that you have any knowledge that the rest of us do not possess as to the character of the official making the announcement causing you to call him a thug. Note that you said, "The state **** who made the announcement........"

    The real problem Citizen is that you are speaking from stereotype, collective emotionalism, rather than sticking to the facts of the event......you rant off topic.

    In the interest of returning this thread back on target to posts relating to the OP - I will delete any additional posts on this thread relating to this subject. As mentioned before, you do know how to appeal the process. IMO, you have made an exaggerated mountain out of a mole hill.........and done so in a most publicly insulting manner, sir.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Keep this banner flying high. Where was the press outrage? Where is the press outrage?
    They call me pugnacious. Especially so where the wrongful use of the power of the state is excused by the state.....wrongfully.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  22. #22
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    <snip> While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

    This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.
    Speaking for me only.

    I have witnessed the process by which you have edited or deleted my post(s), twice by my recollection. One edit and one deletion. I disagree with the edit, but no big deal and not worthy of further debate. I have learned, and I will, to coin a well know phrase, move along. The deletion was well deserved because it was ridiculous though harmless in my opinion, though it is not my opinion that is relevant. The site owners and their selected members have the final say regardless of the rules "we reserve the right.

    If I have overlooked other instances they are obviously not worthy of recalling either.

    I agree, moderation, in my opinion has been very light and in some instances not employed at all when I considered, in my opinion, moderation appropriate.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  23. #23
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    No, the LAPD will "mistake" her for the now deceased gunman and shoot her to death...
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  24. #24
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    <snip> While we prefer to moderate with a light hand......... --snipped--

    This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    .......--snipped--

    I agree, moderation, in my opinion has been very light and in some instances not employed at all when I considered, in my opinion, moderation appropriate.
    I appreciate the candid neutrality very much. While I try with a fervor to be fair and productive, I will be the first to admit that I am not w/o fault.

    As to missed violations, OCDO has thousands of eyes. I have but two. Take care of the problem if you can or report it if need be. Responsibility is a group endeavor.

    Please gentlemen and ladies no more of this, here, today, on this thread. I do only find occasional pleasure in editing/deleting.......and that primarily spammers. I have no wish to do more here.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...ostages/62136/

    No soup for you!

    No reward $$$ ... 'cause he was killeded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •