• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will Maid be paid Reward for Dorner Information?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

You did not "call me out" - rules were violated. And no it isn't the 1st time, that is why I edited/deleted this time.

BTW - your original post is archived in administrator/moderator files - it can always be reviewed as I just did.

PM sent.

Citizen, your being insulting again.

We've had this conversation before where you IMO demand finite/pin point rules and only those be applied in accordance with your terms. I responded that would take a list not unlike Roberts Rules - maybe I should have said like the Code of Va. complete with decimals - that is not likely to happen.

While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.

Don't try to justify your inconsistent, arbitrary, and thoughtless application of the rules by blaming me--your point about precision rules is a strawman. I wrote earlier today, and it still stands: never before on this forum has the word thug been a rule violation when used as I used it.

You're making it up as you go along.

What I find most egregious and in total violation of OCDO rule #16 is that you modified/edited my reply (which was clearly to two separate users) to make it appear as if it was all directed solely to you. I would have expected better from you, sir.

16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

You were not cited for a rule violation; it was a matter of consistency within the thread. However, now that you point it out, I doubt that you have any knowledge that the rest of us do not possess as to the character of the official making the announcement causing you to call him a thug. Note that you said, "The state **** who made the announcement........"

The real problem Citizen is that you are speaking from stereotype, collective emotionalism, rather than sticking to the facts of the event......you rant off topic.

In the interest of returning this thread back on target to posts relating to the OP - I will delete any additional posts on this thread relating to this subject. As mentioned before, you do know how to appeal the process. IMO, you have made an exaggerated mountain out of a mole hill.........and done so in a most publicly insulting manner, sir.

OC for ME

<snip> While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.
Speaking for me only.

I have witnessed the process by which you have edited or deleted my post(s), twice by my recollection. One edit and one deletion. I disagree with the edit, but no big deal and not worthy of further debate. I have learned, and I will, to coin a well know phrase, move along. The deletion was well deserved because it was ridiculous though harmless in my opinion, though it is not my opinion that is relevant. The site owners and their selected members have the final say regardless of the rules "we reserve the right.

If I have overlooked other instances they are obviously not worthy of recalling either.

I agree, moderation, in my opinion has been very light and in some instances not employed at all when I considered, in my opinion, moderation appropriate.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot
<snip> While we prefer to moderate with a light hand......... --snipped--

.......--snipped--

I agree, moderation, in my opinion has been very light and in some instances not employed at all when I considered, in my opinion, moderation appropriate.

I appreciate the candid neutrality very much. While I try with a fervor to be fair and productive, I will be the first to admit that I am not w/o fault.

As to missed violations, OCDO has thousands of eyes. I have but two. Take care of the problem if you can or report it if need be. Responsibility is a group endeavor.

Please gentlemen and ladies no more of this, here, today, on this thread. I do only find occasional pleasure in editing/deleting.......and that primarily spammers. I have no wish to do more here.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
"It was amazingly, amazingly easy," Beck said. "When we reached out to members of this community, they gave immediately."
The reason for such a large reward, the chief said, was "not about capturing a fleeing suspect, but about preventing another crime — likely another murder." Link to reward story.

I wonder how many times a common citizen was murdered and they "reached out to members of the community" for reward money.

FreeInAZ

I wonder how many times a common citizen was murdered and they "reached out to members of the community" for reward money.

For a Million dollar reward? Uhmm my guess is ZERO! Just goes to show some lives are worth more apparently. :rolleyes: /sarcasm. My blood has boiled so much over this mess I think I need a transfusion.:uhoh:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
For a Million dollar reward? Uhmm my guess is ZERO! Just goes to show some lives are worth more apparently. :rolleyes: /sarcasm. My blood has boiled so much over this mess I think I need a transfusion.:uhoh:

Well, it was the pigs in Animal Farm who said, "All animals are equal; but, some animals are more equal than others."

And, it was the pigs in Animal Farm whose health was recognized as being important.

Positively prescient was Orwell.