• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will Maid be paid Reward for Dorner Information?

ccwinstructor

Centurion
A million dollar reward was offered by the LAPD for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Christopher Dorner. This story was published in the LA Times on 10 February, 2013.

The maid that surprised Dorner and told the police where he had been hiding was instrumental in ending the manhunt.

However, the report said that the reward would be for information leading to the "arrest and conviction" of Dorner. It was always highly doubtful that Dorner would ever be convicted, because it was highly doubtful that Dorner would ever be captured alive. Will the unnamed maid who escaped from Dorner's bonds and whose information lead to the end of the manhunt, receive the offered reward? Dorner will never be convicted now.

Link to reward story.

Link to story of maids and Dorner's flight

Dean Weingarten

©2013 by Dean Weingarten. Permission to share granted as long as this notice is included.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/02/will-maid-be-paid-reward-for-dorner.html

Last edited by a moderator:

McLintock

In a simple answer NO, because he is dead (maybe as of 12:30 today) but the government will find a way not to pay, plus if she did get it, they would tax it to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hopefully some citizen will step forward and sue to prevent payment. The state doesn't offer rewards like that for killers of ordinary citizens.

I heard the statist **** announcing the reward as a recorded excerpt on the radio. I don't recall the exact words, but it was some tripe about not tolerating killers of police.

Even if you didn't hear the announcement, just the existence of the reward tells you how the state protects its own and what it thinks of mere Mundanes.

Ca Patriot

Hopefully some citizen will step forward and sue to prevent payment. The state doesn't offer rewards like that for killers of ordinary citizens.

I heard the statist thug announcing the reward as a recorded excerpt on the radio. I don't recall the exact words, but it was some tripe about not tolerating killers of police.

Even if you didn't hear the announcement, just the existence of the reward tells you how the state protects its own and what it thinks of mere Mundanes.

I agree, except in fairness to "the state", the reward was put up almost entirely by private citizens and business from what I was told.

When I heard about the reward I was very interested in going up to Big Bear myself because I am currently close by and have spend many years in those mountains.

However, when I read the statement about the reward it was made clear "arrest and CONVICTION". The only thing I could imagine was I would catch the guy and then he would pull an OJ on everyone and I would get stiffed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I agree, except in fairness to "the state", the reward was put up almost entirely by private citizens and business from what I was told.

When I heard about the reward I was very interested in going up to Big Bear myself because I am currently close by and have spend many years in those mountains.

However, when I read the statement about the reward it was made clear "arrest and CONVICTION". The only thing I could imagine was I would catch the guy and then he would pull an OJ on everyone and I would get stiffed.

OK. Lets say it was business and so forth that put up the money.

The state **** who made the announcement I heard still tied the reward to government intolerance for killing a cop. And, you don't see a hundred cops patrolling, combing, and shooting up innocents when a couple mundane citizens get murdered.

And, I kinda wonder whether a buncha businessmen all happened to just send in pledges independently, or was there a state actor soliciting pledges? And, who were pledge-ers? Contractors with ties to the policing industry? A drone manufacturer? A manufacturer or two of some of the other para-military gear cops get to play with?

Separately, and this is just me, but I wouldn't lift a finger to be fair to the state. Government lies to us multiple times a day. Government parasitically bleeds us of our earnings; and has even made a high art of hiding this by incurring so-called public debt instead of being voted out of office for the taxes they would have to levy if they paid as they went. Demogoguery for their own benefit, too. Nope. Some of the last people I would be fair to is government.

77zach

The state **** who made the announcement I heard still tied the reward to government intolerance for killing a cop. And, you don't see a hundred cops patrolling, combing, and shooting up innocents when a couple mundane citizens get murdered.

And, I kinda wonder whether a buncha businessmen all happened to just send in pledges independently, or was there a state actor soliciting pledges? And, who were pledge-ers? Contractors with ties to the policing industry? A drone manufacturer? A manufacturer or two of some of the other para-military gear cops get to play with?

Separately, and this is just me, but I wouldn't lift a finger to be fair to the state. Government lies to us multiple times a day. Government parasitically bleeds us of our earnings; and has even made a high art of hiding this by incurring so-called public debt instead of being voted out of office for the taxes they would have to levy if they paid as they went. Demogoguery for their own benefit, too. Nope. Some of the last people I would be fair to is government.

And the ****scrum was very much rewarded by Dorner's murders: think of all the "overtime" they spent protecting...um.........protecting, themselves!

Now we can hear sob stories about how dangerous being an enforcement drone is. And of course, why we need more "gun control" to help the poor police.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

The state thug who made the announcement I heard still tied the reward to government intolerance for killing a cop. And, you don't see a hundred cops patrolling, combing, and shooting up innocents when a couple mundane citizens get murdered.

--snipped--

"It was amazingly, amazingly easy," Beck said. "When we reached out to members of this community, they gave immediately."
The reason for such a large reward, the chief said, was "not about capturing a fleeing suspect, but about preventing another crime — likely another murder." Link to reward story.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The two maids entered a cabin in the 1200 block of Club View Drive, close to Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Resort, and surprised a man who they said resembled the fugitive, a law enforcement official said. The man tied up the maids, and then took off in a purple Nissan parked near the cabin, authorities said.

One of the maids was eventually able to break free and called 911 at 12:20 p.m., officials said

Just before 5 p.m., authorities smashed the cabin's windows, pumped in tear gas and called for the suspect to surrender. They got no response, officials said. Then, using a demolition vehicle, they tore down the cabin's walls one by one. By the time they got to the last wall, authorities heard a single gunshot, a source said.

Then flames began to spread through the structure..............
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-in-cabin-were-tied-up-then-called-cops-.html

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Caution

There has been a tendency, on this thread particularly, to refer to LEOs and officials in government under the generalized, collective term "thugs" in direct violation of forum rules. You will note editing/deleting that term as used throughout this thread.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).

(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE!

Personally, I find name calling to be very demeaning to the speaker as well - such bestows a negative aura on the speaker.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Well let's hope those "good" officers there see to it that the reward / bounty promised is paid. All I can say is the "good" officers that were on site should be thanking their lucky stars that this guy was nuts & not the "tactical guru" they claimed him to be. Had he been so many of them would have been dead as they were "stacked" like sardines behind vehicles less than 100 yards away. Easy prey for someone with skill. Good thing this guy threw smoke bombs and nothing else. Also that he could not find gas tanks in the sights of his 50 cal. Sniper rifle.... just saying...:confused: I find it ironic that Dorner & the police command vehicle found themselves located within a couple of blocks from each other with a clear line of site for days? Talk about someone being right under their noses. I doubt we will ever know what really happened and am glad that more innocents weren't killed in this whole hokey pokey man hunt that went on. :eek:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There has been a tendency, on this thread particularly, to refer to LEOs and officials in government under the generalized, collective term "thugs" in direct violation of forum rules. You will note editing/deleting that term as used throughout this thread.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).

(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE!

Personally, I find name calling to be very demeaning to the speaker as well - such bestows a negative aura on the speaker.

Oh? Stretching the rules again, are we?

I can very easily demonstrate the applicability of the word thug when I use it toward government. Government uses force and threats of force to extract earnings, and force compliance with malum prohibitum laws, most of which are passed solely for political gain or expediency. Moreover, if you or I try to defend ourselves from these depredations with manly force, we'll be killed.

Never before on this forum was such terminology towards government, used in the way I used it, considered a rules violation. Today, calling a spade a spade is being censored.

And, don't bother declaring you can delete and edit posts at will; we all know you can and agree with that power. But, to use it without a good explanation that stands up to scrutiny is simply arbitrary, and shows rational inability.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Maids? The better question is how much money will the two innocent bystanders who got shot "by mistake', by 'X' number of **** cops, will receive.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Well let's hope those "good" officers there see to it that the reward / bounty promised is paid. All I can say is the "good" officers that were on site should be thanking their lucky stars that this guy was nuts & not the "tactical guru" they claimed him to be. Had he been so many of them would have been dead as they were "stacked" like sardines behind vehicles less than 100 yards away. Easy prey for someone with skill. Good thing this guy threw smoke bombs and nothing else. Also that he could not find gas tanks in the sights of his 50 cal. Sniper rifle.... just saying...:confused: I find it ironic that Dorner & the police command vehicle found themselves located within a couple of blocks from each other with a clear line of site for days? Talk about someone being right under their noses. I doubt we will ever know what really happened and am glad that more innocents weren't killed in this whole hokey pokey man hunt that went on. :eek:

Careful. There is a forum rule change in the air; the wind is blowing against using correct terminology to criticize government. Unless it involves government opposition to gun rights. Then you can attack them all you want.

Yes, yes. I know the latter is profiling and prejudice, but hey, our moderators feel the same way so they'll overlook that to the point of actually embodying it in the forum rules.

Last edited:

77zach

Careful. There is a forum rule change in the air; the wind is blowing against using correct terminology to criticize government. Unless it involves government opposition to gun rights. Then you can attack them all you want.

Yes, yes. I know the latter is profiling and prejudice, but hey, our moderators feel the same way so they'll overlook that to the point of actually embodying it in the forum rules.

I was just censored for calling grape out. No rules were violated and the entire post was deleted. This is a first in my 6 years on the forum.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I was just censored for calling grape out. No rules were violated and the entire post was deleted. This is a first in my 6 years on the forum.

Grape has a history of distorting the rules. And, not making fine distinctions in their application.

I didn't see your post before deletion, but there is no rule against PMing deleted posts or gist to one another, so if you want to PM it to me, I'm happy to read it.

Raffie

They will kill her too and say he did it so they can keep the money.
Its what they call a win/win situation.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You did not "call me out" - rules were violated. And no it isn't the 1st time, that is why I edited/deleted this time.

BTW - your original post is archived in administrator/moderator files - it can always be reviewed as I just did.

PM sent.

Grape has a history of distorting the rules. And, not making fine distinctions in their application. I didn't see your post before deletion, but there is no rule against PMing deleted posts or gist to one another, so if you want to PM it to me, I'm happy to read it.
Citizen, your being insulting again.

We've had this conversation before where you IMO demand finite/pin point rules and only those be applied in accordance with your terms. I responded that would take a list not unlike Roberts Rules - maybe I should have said like the Code of Va. complete with decimals - that is not likely to happen.

While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You did not "call me out" - rules were violated. And no it isn't the 1st time, that is why I edited/deleted this time.

BTW - your original post is archived in administrator/moderator files - it can always be reviewed as I just did.

PM sent.

Citizen, your being insulting again.

We've had this conversation before where you IMO demand finite/pin point rules and only those be applied in accordance with your terms. I responded that would take a list not unlike Roberts Rules - maybe I should have said like the Code of Va. complete with decimals - that is not likely to happen.

While we prefer to moderate with a light hand, rule violations will not be ignored. Frequently users are cautioned, reminded, or warned (though not so required) when approaching our limits. How to respond is always a judgement call and you know that you are free to appeal.

This is a forum for Open Carry and I will do what I may to keep it on track and within the parameters established by the site owners.

Don't try to justify your inconsistent, arbitrary, and thoughtless application of the rules by blaming me--your point about precision rules is a strawman. I wrote earlier today, and it still stands: never before on this forum has the word thug been a rule violation when used as I used it.

You're making it up as you go along.

Last edited: