• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attend meeting re NEW indoor shooting range on West Side

snoball

The announcement below was sent to local neighborhood groups to get them to attend a meeting on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2013 at 6:30pm to oppose a new indoor shooting range in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, I will be out of town, but gun owners must attend to show support for the facility. The plan calls it a "subdivision" however, it is a 12,000 sq. ft. or larger indoor shooting range with plans for a retail store. I would expect it to be something like Calibers, but on the west side. The proposed location is Coors and Paseo del Norte. It will be in the vacant land just south of Movies West.

TO ALL:

Ray Shortridge, TRNA President, forwards this notice of Facilitated Meeting regarding the project described below. This is of interest to all directors of the West Side Coalition (Art Retberg please forward!) and also to all HOA/NA within TRNA boundaries. Please forward this email to all your members and encourage public participation in this important meeting. Please note this application is for construction of a shooting range project. Please excuse duplication as the TRNA list may also reach the WSCONA list in some cases.

Thank you,

Terri Spiak, TRNA Treasurer

Hi all,

A facilitated meeting has been scheduled for project #1004000, concerning the EPC request for site development plan approval for building permit and subdivision for property located on Coors Blvd NW and Paseo del Norte NW between Paradise Blvd NW and Eagle Ranch Rd NW.

Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Place: Taylor Ranch Community Center Meeting Room 1, 4900 Kachina St. NW

The project application is available at http://www.cabq.gov/legal/adr/luf/projects/project-1004000.

The purpose of the meeting is to have a facilitated conversation about project #1004000, to document known existing concerns, and to negotiate resolution (if possible). A summary report of this meeting will be submitted to the City of Albuquerque and all meeting participants.

Proposed Meeting Agenda:
Applicant presents information relevant to the application.
Facilitator creates list of related concerns of meeting participants.
Participants have the opportunity to clarify and elaborate on each listed concern, and the applicant has the opportunity to respond.
Facilitator will facilitate negotiations, if viable at this time.

Please let me know the approximate number of people from your association that may attend to ensure sufficient seating.

If you have additional concerns or ideas about this project, it would be helpful to let me know in advance. I'll share them with the applicant so they have the opportunity to prepare to address those concerns in their opening presentation. This can help the meeting go more smoothly and efficiently.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Jessie Eaton Lawrence
PO Box 31854
Santa Fe, NM 87594
505-603-4351

RogueWarrior

Interesting have not heard a thing about this who is the company that is going to be in this complex :question::question:

snoball

Never heard of them either. The applicant is Land Reserve of NM and the shooting range is titled Albuquerque Sporting Center on the plans. If you click on the link on the notice, it takes you to the full application with plans and other details.

bwiltgen2

This land is a stone throw away from where I live. I would love to attend the meeting. Sadly I will be at work at that time.

snoball

This land is a stone throw away from where I live. I would love to attend the meeting. Sadly I will be at work at that time.

Same here....just across Coors from the proposed location. I hope someone on the forum will be able to attend to represent gun owners!