• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am going to keep this short.

porterhouse83

I have not met one person who is actually willing to go beyond "contacting their representatives" . If that is the only action Americans are willing to take to fight for their rights then you have zero right to complain when they are taken. So go ahead. Sit back in your chairs and write your little letters and make your phone calls. It has really worked :rolleyes:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have not met one person who is actually willing to go beyond "contacting their representatives" . If that is the only action Americans are willing to take to fight for their rights then you have zero right to complain when they are taken. So go ahead. Sit back in your chairs and write your little letters and make your phone calls. It has really worked :rolleyes:

You have not met me ! My wacky wacky legislature (in CT) is trying to pass bills wrongly (not following committee rules).

I did not contact my representative ... I filed a complaint to have to committee hearing voided.

I have participated in committee hearings too, like many others -- perhaps you consider this to be just another avenue of "contacting your reps?" but its really more than that.

many people attend rallies and do other things too ...

My reps are antis so while I do speak and will continue to speak to them about commie gun bills ... I know that they'll likely still vote for them.

But "normal" efforts have been successful in the past ... even in wacky wacky CT ...

porterhouse83

We are being ignored across the board though. I mean seriously ignored. When you watch the news and anyone tries to make a argument who is pro 2nd they are trashed and eyes get rolled at them. We have already lost.

porterhouse83

And my fellow Colorado citizens I am ashamed of this state. For a anti gun bill to even be proposed in this state shows lack of conviction and fight by this states citizens. We will get what we deserve.

davidmcbeth

Banned
And my fellow Colorado citizens I am ashamed of this state. For a anti gun bill to even be proposed in this state shows lack of conviction and fight by this states citizens. We will get what we deserve.

The anti bills proposed are being proposed mostly by democrats ... you cannot stop this action.

I think you meant to say that THEY'LL get what they deserve ....

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
You haven't met me either.

I have not only written letters and emails, but have contacted them in person to try and sway their votes.

Here's the current problem:

Both houses are controlled by the Democrats, and so is the Governors Mansion.
The Democrats hold a 7-4 voting lead in the Judiciary Committee (HB-1224-15 round mag limit) (HB-1229-Background checks for everyone) Both of these bills passed out of committee last night. Mag limit one goes to the House floor, and the background check one goes to Appropriations committee next, because there are costs involved.
The Democrats hold a 7-6 voting lead in the House Education Committee (HB-1226-No more carrying on college campuses)
The Democrats hold a 7-6 voting lead in the House Finance Committee (HB-1228-Making us pay for our background checks)

I have been in Colorado since 1967, and unfortunately they're turning my state into Kalifornia.

PFC HALE

your definition of fighting for rights may be different from others who already see and realize that there is so much against us on both sides of the fence that it would be a waste trying to fight conventionally. its like trying to stop a tank with a hammer. impossible!

thus we stand up and against that which tries to take what is ours rightfully by whatever means necessary when the time comes.

porterhouse83

your definition of fighting for rights may be different from others who already see and realize that there is so much against us on both sides of the fence that it would be a waste trying to fight conventionally. its like trying to stop a tank with a hammer. impossible!

thus we stand up and against that which tries to take what is ours rightfully by whatever means necessary when the time comes.
So if its a waste then have we not already lost?

rushcreek2

I predict that the over- zealous anti-2A swarming by the Democratically controlled State Assembly will be a short lived phenomenum.

Referendum and initiative fortunately is available to remedy this sordid display of "progressives" naivete while showing their true intentions.

Really looking forward to the 2014 election now. Good chance to reverse this insanity.

I am self-limited to 15 round magazines by my choice of weapon, and I usually carry at least one more 15 round mag in a pouch. So this "feel good" legislation is going to achieve exactly WHAT ??? And the next copy-cat mass murderer is expected to obey this law ?????? For real........?

Universal background checks - OK ....WOW (!,?) How many active prohibitive persons wanting a firearm to committ a robbery, murder, or car-jacking are going to cue up for this ridiculous exhibition of stupidity ???

"STRAW PURCHASES" are the preferred path of the prohibited person in search of a firearm - to which universal background checks offer no remedy.

Responsible gun owners in Colorado have an excellent self-regulating record when selling to another individual. Who in their right mind would want to sell a firearm to someone likely to turn around and use it to on them or their family. This is a legislative exercise in studpidity - and political suicide.

Last edited:

porterhouse83

HB-1226 (NO carry on college campus) just came out of committee and passed on a 7-6 (surprise) party line vote.

Maybe the politicians want more mass killings. I mean its like they are just chomping at the bit to have large groups of people unarmed and gathered in buildings like sheep for the slaughter. Hey here is an idea. Why dont we all bow down to the politicians and do everything they tell us too? Pretty much happening anyway.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Why dont we all bow down to the politicians and do everything they tell us too? Pretty much happening anyway.

Nah. Most people do what they want.

It's always surprised me how law-abiding the RKBA crowd is, compared to the average Joe.

I don't mean to suggest that most people are dangerous or aggressive – quite the contrary. But the law has never stopped most folks from smoking what they want, sleeping with whom they want, etc. People have a remarkable ability to decide for themselves whether something is wrong, and pay little attention to what the "law" says about it.

It's against the forum rules to advocate breaking the law. It's not, however, against the rules to point out that there is a long and admirable history of civil disobedience.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
Maybe the politicians want more mass killings. I mean its like they are just chomping at the bit to have large groups of people unarmed and gathered in buildings like sheep for the slaughter. Hey here is an idea. Why dont we all bow down to the politicians and do everything they tell us too? Pretty much happening anyway.

My Wife and I are starting our initial planning to leave the state and only come back to visit friends and family.
We already have 6 acres in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota and are also looking at property in Utah and Arizona where we also have friends, although this option isn't available for many folks.

RockyMtnScotsman

Really looking forward to the 2014 election now. Good chance to reverse this insanity.

To me this will be the bellwether for the fate of Colorado. While not a native, I've been here long enough to witness the californication of Colorado. If the trash in Denver pushing and succeeding with this crap now are returned to office next year and the next election cycle, then Colorado is done.

As to the OP's admonition to do more than contacting our so-called "reps" (most of whom don't care what we, their bosses, want/think in the first place) - many of us are active beyond that simple act, but for the lurkers and those who are on the sidelines a serious question: What's your top 10 list of effective suggestions vs letter writing ?

Last edited:

mobiushky

Here's my position

It's almost a 100% chance that all 8 of the proposed anti-liberty bills will pass and be signed into law. And quite frankly there is NOTHING that can be done to stop it. Unless you propose some kind of armed response which will only fuel the fire.

It's also a 100% guarantee that none of the 8 bills are enforceable. At all. Background checks, ban on mags, CCW on campus, doesn't matter. There are ways around all of them. And not real tough ways. So they are bluster and posturing. However, they will be the stepping stone to registrations and eventual confiscation. The question is, what does CO do once they are passed? I suggest we get the referendum process going day 1.

If that doesn't work, this state is gone. End of the line. People either move or fight. Eventually we will see something give. Either the government will win and the people will turtle or we will see armed rebellion. Who knows.

I am ready to do whatever is needed to defend my rights. And unfortunately that might mean leaving the state. There a re a lot of states that I'd be happy to move to. But if the people of this state start a war, (not advocating it) but if it happens, I'll die for my rights. Period.

porterhouse83

It's almost a 100% chance that all 8 of the proposed anti-liberty bills will pass and be signed into law. And quite frankly there is NOTHING that can be done to stop it. Unless you propose some kind of armed response which will only fuel the fire.

It's also a 100% guarantee that none of the 8 bills are enforceable. At all. Background checks, ban on mags, CCW on campus, doesn't matter. There are ways around all of them. And not real tough ways. So they are bluster and posturing. However, they will be the stepping stone to registrations and eventual confiscation. The question is, what does CO do once they are passed? I suggest we get the referendum process going day 1.

If that doesn't work, this state is gone. End of the line. People either move or fight. Eventually we will see something give. Either the government will win and the people will turtle or we will see armed rebellion. Who knows.

I am ready to do whatever is needed to defend my rights. And unfortunately that might mean leaving the state. There a re a lot of states that I'd be happy to move to. But if the people of this state start a war, (not advocating it) but if it happens, I'll die for my rights. Period.

Wont see a physical war. Too many cowards. The men of today are nothing like the men of 60, 70 years ago. NOTHING LIKE THEM! There are very few with a back bone. Those few cant do it by themselves. Why should those brave men get shot in the street while their neighbors close their blinds and turn away? This picture is what America is now.