• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am going to keep this short.

porterhouse83

How courageous!

:rolleyes:

Nope I just have no need for him. I have sat in his jeep listening to the liberal crap he has spewed enough and he wants to come on here and spout lies about who he has supported. My GF and I both heard his words of wisdom. Dude is off his rocker and knows nothing of reality.

mobiushky

If nothing else this thread serves as a proof of the divisiveness of our current royalty in power. The man who claimed he would heal the oceans and make rainbows and unicorns fly out of everyone's butts to power the world has served only to make people so intensely bitter and angry. And it doesn't matter which people. The man single handedly set race relations back 20 years. He's made friends hate each other. How sad this state of the country is.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The man single handedly set race relations back 20 years. He's made friends hate each other. How sad this state of the country is.

I'd argue that it's blind partisanship as a whole which did this, but in that Obama is as good a representative of that as anyone, the point is taken.

porterhouse83

folks, the 2nd amendment is about the militia. When the powers that be opt to filibuster against the 2nd amendment - what recourse remains but to call up the militia in response.

When the militia is called up the message is simple - and clear - do you really want to go to war ?

a demonstration of resolve is called for in this circumstance.
yes!

rushcreek2

Yes.....I have mustered with the militia. I have also called up my own County militia back in 1994- the last time this threat presented itself.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

A militia call- up is basically a meet & greet on steroids.

Such an event will attract the attention of the carpet-baggers in Denver, as well as their ire, but it is precisely what is called for at this juncture.

Last edited:

77zach

Hopefully Magpul threatening to leaving the state will give the slavers some pause. If they don't move and people in Colorado aren't allowed to buy standard capacity, then I won't buy Magpul anymore.

porterhouse83

A militia call- up is basically a meet & greet on steroids.

Such an event will attract the attention of the carpet-baggers in Denver, as well as their ire, but it is precisely what is called for at this juncture.

I agree. Now are those who have defended and supported the liberal party yet want to fight for their rights welcome? I mean should we allow them to have their cake and eat it too? Lines must be drawn. Rubbing elbows with the opposition is unsettling.

rushcreek2

Basically Coloradoans are currently confronted by a political alliance in Denver that has opted to exploit the Aurora theater, and Newton tragedies in an assault upon their constitutionally reserved right to keep & bear arms.

One practical way to respond is to demonstrate to them that the course they have set upon will not be well recieved, and is not without unintended consequences. In posting notice of a militia muster you are simply calling upon all able bodied militia members to present themselves front & center , well equiped to serve in the service of the State against potential threats to their liberty should it become necessary. This event should be orderly, and serve as an opportunity to pool, and organize available resources into a force to be reckoned with should a need arise.

The person calling up the militia should be prepared for a significant response by people seeking direction, and leadership. Therefore some compilation of grievances should be presented, along with the invitation to any present to personally address the muster. Follow up events, details regarding strategies, and appointment of formal leadership can be addressed as the process unfolds.

There will be some who prefer not to muster with arms due to concerns that the muster may constitute a breach of the peace. That concern is unwarranted, but should be respected. I would suggest that some provision be made to screen for trouble-makers who may attend. Private property would be the best location. Be cautious, civil, and reserved.

M-Taliesin

Nope I just have no need for him. I have sat in his jeep listening to the liberal crap he has spewed enough and he wants to come on here and spout lies about who he has supported. My GF and I both heard his words of wisdom. Dude is off his rocker and knows nothing of reality.

Howdy Again!
I opened a hand in friendship, and you return vitriol. I took you out for your first OC, and you return this. I took you out to Phantom Canyon and the shelf road on my own dime, and you return hostility and outright hatred. That's fine with me. Just shows the character of the person you are rather than the man I am.

Democrats also served in Iraq and Afganistan. Democrats also died in those foreign wars. Their blood also defended the freedoms we enjoy.

It ain't about being Democrat or Republican or Libertarian or any other irrelevancies. It is about being Americans.
And that starts with the Constitution.

I think it ironic that you cherish the 2nd Amendment, but cannot abide the 1st!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

PFC HALE

Mel I do not believe a word you say. A liberal talking is a liberal lieing. As for me answering to you about what I have done well thats not going to happen. I am not going to engage in a serious conversation with you. Matter of fact im just going to put you on my ignore list and hope I never run into you. So go ahead and write out another long post addressing me. I wont be reading it. If you do see me out and about do not approach me. I will not be civil.

i would love to be there to see you "not be civil" you will have more than just mel to handle on your plate.

however i digress, define how you will not be civil. will you yell, cry, throw a tantrum? will you get physical or violent?

making statements like you did can end up burning you in the long run.

and like others have asked...

what have you done to help the cause, beside cower in the corner calling people names?

am i a coward because i am a disabled veteran with a effed up work schedule that doesnt afford me the time to help out in person? i swore an oath that im ready to die defending against disabled or not.

you sir need to rethink your position and either get out and do something or stay quiet.

for me i do what i can given my available time, abilities and finances. i dont feel guilty about not doing anything in your eyes but it seems you feel very guilty.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

am i a coward because i am a disabled veteran with a effed up work schedule that doesnt afford me the time to help out in person? i swore an oath that im ready to die defending against disabled or not.

Howdy Pard!
Thanks for covering my 6. I respect your service and honor your commitment.
What took me by surprise is how somebody can blast everybody in Colorado with a blanket statement they do nothing other than write politicans.
That was a slam on every gun carrier who is also carrying water for those that can't be bothered.

What is also surprising is the attitude shift displayed.
Last I heard from him was back in April of last year. At that time, he posted on the forum as follows:

"Thank you for the kind words M-T. It was a day I won't soon forget! I believe if more folks were as generous with their time as you are and were as willing to pass on knowledge as you are things would be much better for this nation as a whole. Your a true gentleman. That mine was very cool!"

So who changed? Well, I guess I have quite a bit because I originally believed in Obama. But as the election neared, as you may recall, I was actively stumping for the Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson because he was the only one actively stating his stand on 2a. Romney was wishy-washy, and Obama pretty much silent on the subject. So I changed personally, and am man enough to admit I was wrong in placing trust in Obama. That didn't mean I had to stay wrong. So I changed. Hopefully for the better. Our OP also changed, and not in a good way. If you think of yourself as a fisherman, but never go where the fish are, is it surprising that you don't ever catch fish? If you hunt for gold, but never stick a pan in the streams, is it surprising that you never find it? If you never go out to meets, rallies, RMGO events, etc... is it surprising that you don't meet anybody who is an activist for gun rights?

Anyhow, as for threats made toward me, I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Saxxon

I feel badly for you guys. It makes me angry when liberty is lost anywhere. All of my magazines for my semi-auto pistols would be illegal if that bill passes. Terrible. How did this slime get into office. People moving from Kommiefornia?

There are 5 libturds form by graduating class in NJ that moved here, one is a Democratic party operative (was an Obamacare pusher). They can all pound sand, didn't particularly get along with them in school, arrogant bullies.

Saxxon

Lawmakers passing a law is one thing. Them enforcing it is an entirely different matter.

Rosa Parks refused to sit at the back of the bus, did she not?

Marijuana activists gather together and openly smoke pot in defiance of the law, do they not?

Civil disobedience can be the most effective form of protest, in my humble opinion.

Not denying that, but bear in mind they were less likely to be shot by rogue authoritarian police in doing so. Civil disobedience on this issue is giong to be costly, perhaps fataly costly in some cases. Word is Missouri and Minnesota are pushing for confiscation of firearms, its fairly likely thats the spark that might start open hostilities when jack booted thugs start kicking in doors to put people's families under the gun simply because of the property they legally owned before.

Saxxon

I've been to the Capitol 3 times in 5 weeks, taken 2 days off work to do it and spoken at the mic twice. I've been to 2 different town hall/meeting events, and going to the Governor's forum tomorrow (Tuesday 19th) after work. Sent several letters, a bunch of emails and several hours worth of phone messages. Talked so several reps/senators personally starting back in the last election.

What more can I do Porterhouse? It is annoying to see you dismiss our efforts, whether Mel's or mine. Mel and I don't see eye to eye on everything, we've sat and had lunch, and parted friends. I've seen him since, I respect them man, he's got his views, I have mine - but we are both strong supporters of the 2A. I've seen him at the Capitol at least one of those rallies I was at.

Your ranting is about as useful as the hunter that doesn't give a rat's ass about these bills because it doesn't impair his hunting - which is to say not much. And you are just as foolish, because in the hunter's case the day will come when the state won't issue a game license, and his "need" for a hunting gun won't exist and they'll want to confiscate that. Somewhere between now & then, your time will come too. Stand with everyone now, or hang alone then.

acmariner99

I don't know you Porterhouse, I don't even live in the same state - but your comments make me see exactly why the anti's are so hell bent on taking our rights away. I hear how you speak to M-Talisen and to the rest of us. You spout a lot of 'stuff' that to me is largely incoherent. You make threats, you accuse the rest of us of inaction when you yourself haven't done anything (hypocrite much?), and you encourage divisiveness that will result in every one of us losing our rights. Talisen is right - it is not about Republican or Democrat - it is about liberty and the rights of every person to go about her or her private affairs without interference. Our enemies are unified in that they want guns heavily regulated with the eventual goal of taking them out of our hands while we 2A supporters can barely agree to disagree about what we carry or how. With such divisiveness how can we expect to keep our rights without blood being spilled?

MNMGoneShooting

Somebody needs to put their big boy panties on.

Last edited:

Vader33

I don't know you Porterhouse, I don't even live in the same state - but your comments make me see exactly why the anti's are so hell bent on taking our rights away. I hear how you speak to M-Talisen and to the rest of us. You spout a lot of 'stuff' that to me is largely incoherent. You make threats, you accuse the rest of us of inaction when you yourself haven't done anything (hypocrite much?), and you encourage divisiveness that will result in every one of us losing our rights. Talisen is right - it is not about Republican or Democrat - it is about liberty and the rights of every person to go about her or her private affairs without interference. Our enemies are unified in that they want guns heavily regulated with the eventual goal of taking them out of our hands while we 2A supporters can barely agree to disagree about what we carry or how. With such divisiveness how can we expect to keep our rights without blood being spilled?

+eleventy billion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk