Thread: MOC Dinner Grandville, MI Big Boy 3-26-12

MOC Dinner Grandville, MI Big Boy 3-26-12

Where: Big Boy 4950 Wilson Ave sw Near Best Buy and Home Depot, Wyoming Mi.
    When Tuesday March 26 6:30PM

Invite all your friends! All proceeds from people who say they are there for the MOC dinner or to support MOC go to MOC

Get The Word Out!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

http://goo.gl/maps/9KQCW

This is going to be a fund raiser for MOC. Tell all your friends, co-workers, associates, enemies, etc. All they have to do is go to Big Boy for dinner or dessert on the 26th, tell their server they are supporting MOC and the profits from their meals will be donated to MOC. Come one come all. Bring friends etc. This should be a fun event and a real good opportunity to get the word out there.

For our out of town guests, the new Cabelas won't be open, but the new Gun World store should be in full swing, and only about a mile away.

You don't have to OC- it's just a good opportunity to meet some other like minded folks in West Michigan!

Many thanks to Steel Magnolia for setting this up.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

The fund raiser portion will last all day; all you need do is present this flyer for us to get credit-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOC Fundraiser at Big Boy.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	10057
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

This will be my first time open carry, My wife and I will be there,also bringing a buddy of mine, thanks for setting this up, nice and close for us, see you there.

Re: MOC Dinner Grandville, MI Big Boy 3-26-12

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    http://goo.gl/maps/9KQCW

This is going to be a fund raiser for MOC. Tell all your friends, co-workers, associates, enemies, etc. All they have to do is go to Big Boy for dinner or dessert on the 26th, tell their server they are supporting MOC and the profits from their meals will be donated to MOC. Come one come all. Bring friends etc. This should be a fun event and a real good opportunity to get the word out there.

For our out of town guests, the new Cabelas won't be open, but the new Gun World store should be in full swing, and only about a mile away.

You don't have to OC- it's just a good opportunity to meet some other like minded folks in West Michigan!

Many thanks to Steel Magnolia for setting this up.
    Ttt

Btw, Cabela's is open...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Reminder: This event is tomorrow! Invite as many people as you would like let's see if we can make record attendance at an event! As mentioned all proceeds from your meals will be donated to MOC. And if you can't make it to the dinner but are in the area for lunch Big Boy will be donating proceeds to anyone who tells them they are there to support MOC all day!!

I plan on attending!
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

See you guys tomorrow evening!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

To be clear, there has been done concern voiced on different forums that this thread was posted by someone who is not part of our (MOC)leadership team.

While this event is being hosted by MOC, the OP is not a part of the leadership team and is not authorized to speak in behalf of the organization.

He made the post of his own volition without asking or being asked by anyone on the Michigan Open Carry leadership team.

I'm not trying to cause drama, rather trying to resolve it.

While the OPs "help" is appreciated, I'd ask anyone wishing to "help" on MOC matters in the future work with their local or regional coordinator. If there is no local or regional coordinator (Northern MI), please work with me.
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

If it wasn't for the OP's "help", I would not have known about it.

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    If it wasn't for the OP's "help", I would not have known about it.
    It would have been posted by the GR area coordinator anyway so you would have been informed just the same. The point is we as an organization have a leadership team for a reason and it is not as if they do not publicize events. We just ask that official postings for our events be made by the leadership team. This site is only one tiny part of our advertising strategy and we like to present a standardized professional advertisement across all the mediums we use. This reduces confusion if someone sees multiple adverts for the same event in different locations.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    It would have been posted by the GR area coordinator anyway so you would have been informed just the same. The point is we as an organization have a leadership team for a reason and it is not as if they do not publicize events. We just ask that official postings for our events be made by the leadership team. This site is only one tiny part of our advertising strategy and we like to present a standardized professional advertisement across all the mediums we use. This reduces confusion if someone sees multiple adverts for the same event in different locations.

Is it an "official" posting if posted anywhere other than the MOC website? I thought it had been originally posted by Shadowbear. I see, however, he is not the op. If any MOC leadership member wishes to keep posts such as this limited to those on the leadership team or the area coordinator, I'm sure they know how to report the post so that 1 of the moderators will have it removed.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Is it an "official" posting if posted anywhere other than the MOC website? I thought it had been originally posted by Shadowbear. I see, however, he is not the op. If any MOC leadership member wishes to keep posts such as this limited to those on the leadership team or the area coordinator, I'm sure they know how to report the post so that 1 of the moderators will have it removed.
    Do you belong to any other organizations? If so, please tell us of one that would want non members posting events in their name? it is not an unreasonable request to contact a coordinator to have posts made. For starter, it may avoid such scheduling conflicts such as this event tonight, the same night as the MOC leadership meeting. Not a huge issue, but it could still have been avoided by using the leadership team that is in place for this very reason. Before I was an MOC member I would make suggestions for event locations in my area, but I would not schedule them as it was not my place to. I do so now because I am a member and a assistant coordinator.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Huge turnout so far more than 30 have stopped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Do you belong to any other organizations? If so, please tell us of one that would want non members posting events in their name? it is not an unreasonable request to contact a coordinator to have posts made. For starter, it may avoid such scheduling conflicts such as this event tonight, the same night as the MOC leadership meeting. Not a huge issue, but it could still have been avoided by using the leadership team that is in place for this very reason. Before I was an MOC member I would make suggestions for event locations in my area, but I would not schedule them as it was not my place to. I do so now because I am a member and a assistant coordinator.
    Since I did NOT say that non members should post regarding MOC events, you must be directing this towards another poster. Again, if anyone on the leadership team had an issue, there were ways to fix the problem. Those methods weren't utilized. Since the thread has been on here a month, and members of the leadership team have also posted here for the last 4 weeks without an issue... even on the same day as the OP, I'm just wondering why the issue is only now being discussed. Like I said, the method to have any post or thread deleted is available to anyone. My suggestion is to use it.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 03-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome for a new bee.

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome for a new bee.
    Nice meeting you and your family. I'm sure we'll be continuing our conversation at some point in the near future.

Great to see so many people there last night. We even had at least 5-10 supporters that were not members nor gun carriers. Basically, members of other local organizations that were happy to support MOC.

Thank you to all who showed up. It was great to talk with so many of you.

I'm not very good at remembering names, but my wife and I, and our friends had a good time, it was nice meeting a few of you and talking, thanks for setting this up. I'm sure we will meet some more of you at future gatherings.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougcr View Post
    I'm not very good at remembering names, but my wife and I, and our friends had a good time, it was nice meeting a few of you and talking, thanks for setting this up. I'm sure we will meet some more of you at future gatherings.

Thanks again.
    Sorry I missed you. If you want to meet some time for an impromptu oc "event", just send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Sorry I missed you. If you want to meet some time for an impromptu oc "event", just send me a pm.
    I will do that, thanks!

A little off topic but....

I really miss Big Boy! They do not have those here in Iowa. :-(
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.