• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Dinner Grandville, MI Big Boy 3-26-12

Raggs

Where: Big Boy 4950 Wilson Ave sw Near Best Buy and Home Depot, Wyoming Mi.
When Tuesday March 26 6:30PM

Invite all your friends! All proceeds from people who say they are there for the MOC dinner or to support MOC go to MOC

Get The Word Out!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
http://goo.gl/maps/9KQCW

This is going to be a fund raiser for MOC. Tell all your friends, co-workers, associates, enemies, etc. All they have to do is go to Big Boy for dinner or dessert on the 26th, tell their server they are supporting MOC and the profits from their meals will be donated to MOC. Come one come all. Bring friends etc. This should be a fun event and a real good opportunity to get the word out there.

For our out of town guests, the new Cabelas won't be open, but the new Gun World store should be in full swing, and only about a mile away.

You don't have to OC- it's just a good opportunity to meet some other like minded folks in West Michigan!

Many thanks to Steel Magnolia for setting this up.:)

Dougcr

This will be my first time open carry, My wife and I will be there,also bringing a buddy of mine, thanks for setting this up, nice and close for us, see you there.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
http://goo.gl/maps/9KQCW

This is going to be a fund raiser for MOC. Tell all your friends, co-workers, associates, enemies, etc. All they have to do is go to Big Boy for dinner or dessert on the 26th, tell their server they are supporting MOC and the profits from their meals will be donated to MOC. Come one come all. Bring friends etc. This should be a fun event and a real good opportunity to get the word out there.

For our out of town guests, the new Cabelas won't be open, but the new Gun World store should be in full swing, and only about a mile away.

You don't have to OC- it's just a good opportunity to meet some other like minded folks in West Michigan!

Many thanks to Steel Magnolia for setting this up.:)

Ttt

Btw, Cabela's is open...

Adams182

Reminder: This event is tomorrow! Invite as many people as you would like let's see if we can make record attendance at an event! As mentioned all proceeds from your meals will be donated to MOC. And if you can't make it to the dinner but are in the area for lunch Big Boy will be donating proceeds to anyone who tells them they are there to support MOC all day!!

TheQ

To be clear, there has been done concern voiced on different forums that this thread was posted by someone who is not part of our (MOC)leadership team.

While this event is being hosted by MOC, the OP is not a part of the leadership team and is not authorized to speak in behalf of the organization.

He made the post of his own volition without asking or being asked by anyone on the Michigan Open Carry leadership team.

I'm not trying to cause drama, rather trying to resolve it.

While the OPs "help" is appreciated, I'd ask anyone wishing to "help" on MOC matters in the future work with their local or regional coordinator. If there is no local or regional coordinator (Northern MI), please work with me.

Last edited:

autosurgeon

If it wasn't for the OP's "help", I would not have known about it.

It would have been posted by the GR area coordinator anyway so you would have been informed just the same. The point is we as an organization have a leadership team for a reason and it is not as if they do not publicize events. We just ask that official postings for our events be made by the leadership team. This site is only one tiny part of our advertising strategy and we like to present a standardized professional advertisement across all the mediums we use. This reduces confusion if someone sees multiple adverts for the same event in different locations.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
It would have been posted by the GR area coordinator anyway so you would have been informed just the same. The point is we as an organization have a leadership team for a reason and it is not as if they do not publicize events. We just ask that official postings for our events be made by the leadership team. This site is only one tiny part of our advertising strategy and we like to present a standardized professional advertisement across all the mediums we use. This reduces confusion if someone sees multiple adverts for the same event in different locations.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Is it an "official" posting if posted anywhere other than the MOC website? I thought it had been originally posted by Shadowbear. I see, however, he is not the op. If any MOC leadership member wishes to keep posts such as this limited to those on the leadership team or the area coordinator, I'm sure they know how to report the post so that 1 of the moderators will have it removed.

Ezerharden

Is it an "official" posting if posted anywhere other than the MOC website? I thought it had been originally posted by Shadowbear. I see, however, he is not the op. If any MOC leadership member wishes to keep posts such as this limited to those on the leadership team or the area coordinator, I'm sure they know how to report the post so that 1 of the moderators will have it removed.

Do you belong to any other organizations? If so, please tell us of one that would want non members posting events in their name? it is not an unreasonable request to contact a coordinator to have posts made. For starter, it may avoid such scheduling conflicts such as this event tonight, the same night as the MOC leadership meeting. Not a huge issue, but it could still have been avoided by using the leadership team that is in place for this very reason. Before I was an MOC member I would make suggestions for event locations in my area, but I would not schedule them as it was not my place to. I do so now because I am a member and a assistant coordinator.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Do you belong to any other organizations? If so, please tell us of one that would want non members posting events in their name? it is not an unreasonable request to contact a coordinator to have posts made. For starter, it may avoid such scheduling conflicts such as this event tonight, the same night as the MOC leadership meeting. Not a huge issue, but it could still have been avoided by using the leadership team that is in place for this very reason. Before I was an MOC member I would make suggestions for event locations in my area, but I would not schedule them as it was not my place to. I do so now because I am a member and a assistant coordinator.

Since I did NOT say that non members should post regarding MOC events, you must be directing this towards another poster. Again, if anyone on the leadership team had an issue, there were ways to fix the problem. Those methods weren't utilized. Since the thread has been on here a month, and members of the leadership team have also posted here for the last 4 weeks without an issue... even on the same day as the OP, I'm just wondering why the issue is only now being discussed. Like I said, the method to have any post or thread deleted is available to anyone. My suggestion is to use it.

Last edited:

bigt8261

Great to see so many people there last night. We even had at least 5-10 supporters that were not members nor gun carriers. Basically, members of other local organizations that were happy to support MOC.

Thank you to all who showed up. It was great to talk with so many of you.

Dougcr

I'm not very good at remembering names, but my wife and I, and our friends had a good time, it was nice meeting a few of you and talking, thanks for setting this up. I'm sure we will meet some more of you at future gatherings.

Thanks again.