Thread: OC on boat?

OC on boat?

Im still working on the OC and currently limit my own rights by only OCing to places i know allow it. But right now i would like to confirm if its legal to OC on lake mead. I have a kayak currently and fish mead and willow beach (CO river) area and just wanted to know if there were any other limiting factors that i am un aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 07yzryder View Post
    Im still working on the OC and currently limit my own rights by only OCing to places i know allow it. But right now i would like to confirm if its legal to OC on lake mead. I have a kayak currently and fish mead and willow beach (CO river) area and just wanted to know if there were any other limiting factors that i am un aware of.

Thanks in advance.
    Nope, none that I'm aware of. Carry away and have fun.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

The Lake Mead National Recreation Area is administered by the National Park Service. Federal Public Law 111-24 Section 512 states that no regulation that prohibits an individual from possessing a firearm in any unit of the National Park System ... shall be enforced if the possession of the firearm is in compliance with the law of the State.

Both AZ and NV are perfectly fine for open carry at all times.

Carry on.

FYI, once on the AZ side of the border, if circumstances concealed your firearm, you are still legal, as there is no permit required to conceal in AZ.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-13-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I have open carried in the Lake Mead recreation area on land and in the campgrounds including Lake Mojave and Lake Havasu campgrounds. Past the entrance booth left handed on a motorcycle handing them the entrance fee as I reach over my holstered firearm. No problem. However, with that said there is some wording about not having a firearm in a building where government employees are. Someone here may come up with the actual wording. It is not clear to me if that would include a restaurant or store.

Good point. To be prohibited, it basically has to be a federal building where federal employees are conducting their business. This means the Ranger Station and Visitor Center, and trying to climb into their entrance booth with them. It does not apply to stand-alone bathrooms, or to any private businesses at the marinas.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Sweet i just wanted to be 99.99% sure before going out. I know when i head to willow i CC all the time with the exception of the marina store. Im not sure if i can in there or not, when in doubt i leave it in the car.

Thanks again for the info!