Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House bill for confiscation of Assualt rifles, pistols, and magazines

House bill for confiscation of Assualt rifles, pistols, and magazines

http://house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx...ar=2013&code=R

. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
    (1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
    (2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
    (3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
    5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

This would be the worst in the nation! Luckily, this has no chance of passing. Be sure to email these folks and complain though.

Bill sponsors:
    Rory.Ellinger@house.mo.gov,
    Jill.Schupp@house.mo.gov,
    Rochelle.Gray@house.mo.gov,
    Margo.McNeil@house.mo.gov

(full congress firearm bills here: http://house.mo.gov/billreport.aspx?...ar=2013&code=R)

Re: House bill for confiscation of Assualt rifles, pistols, and magazines

Just by virtue of the fact that it's an ex post facto law is enough for a court to easily strike it down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Emails sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Now it's on the NRA ILA radar too.

Let's not forget about these jokers and aim to get them kicked out of the House next election for sure, as an example to others.

Let's keep bringing up these names in negative context and get the word out repeatedly to friends and relatives, gun stores and ranges and shooting contacts, email lists and forums we belong to, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShade View Post
    http://house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx...ar=2013&code=R

This would be the worst in the nation! Luckily, this has no chance of passing. Be sure to email these folks and complain though.

Bill sponsors:
    Rory.Ellinger@house.mo.gov,
    Jill.Schupp@house.mo.gov,
    Rochelle.Gray@house.mo.gov,
    Margo.McNeil@house.mo.gov

(full congress firearm bills here: http://house.mo.gov/billreport.aspx?...ar=2013&code=R)

Don't tell me; let me do my Karnak routine here...........

They are all (ever lovin', darlin', little cherub like) Democrats.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I'll be here all week.

Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post
    Now it's on the NRA ILA radar too.

Let's not forget about these jokers and aim to get them kicked out of the House next election for sure, as an example to others.

Let's keep bringing up these names in negative context and get the word out repeatedly to friends and relatives, gun stores and ranges and shooting contacts, email lists and forums we belong to, etc.
    This bill wil never be heard in Committee - DEAD!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

U sent my emails and already have a response from Rochelle Grey see the attached images

"The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

I sent a very nicely written letter but made my I would like to know if she is sidestepping the issue or is she possibly supporting something she doesn't know about. I received 2 emails from her first the one saying she didn't know what i was talking about then the second saying to disregard. Which is it?

Three out of four of the "Gang of Four" are from STL County. Gray was not listed on the House roster.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

"INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES ELLINGER (Sponsor), SCHUPP, MCNEIL AND WALTON GRAY"

???

http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?...=081&year=2012

It's her all right. Looks like that group introduced lots of bills, guess they hardly even bother to keep track of them.

"Just curious:

How do you know whether or not i support HB 545?"
    Well.....for one, I clicked on your profile on the Missouri House of Representatives website that brought me to a page of bills currently in session.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billreport.a...ar=2013&code=R

Yep. Your name is on the co-sponsor list for HB545.

Just curious:

Do YOU know whether or not you support bills you co-sponsor?

Because I'm pretty good at drumming up contributions and support for candidates that know what they support and what they don't.

....especially when they run against politicians that co-sponsor bills they don't even know if they're co-sponsoring or not.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 02-14-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicworkman View Post
    She co-sponsored it! Wow. How ignorant can a Rep be?!? Does she even look at what she puts her name on?!

And people wonder why nobody knows what's in the bills.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well I'm glad to see that she finally owned up to at least being a co sponsor but, we need to bombard her and others like her with emails showing our overwhelming dislike/distain for supporting bills like this in any way shape or form. But she only owned up to it after I provided links from her page to the bills she sponsored or co-sponsored

If her name is on the bill as a co-sponser that means she supports the damn thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    If her name is on the bill as a co-sponser that means she supports the damn thing.
    Call he up and say they you want to turn your gun into her directly and to please provide you with her home address and to note that she should wear something distinctive, like a company tee-shirt from Target Inc. ... for easy identification. And then ask what time you can come over?

Well I called (573-751-5538) and asked if she would accept my gun, hand delivered to her at her home .. and the guy who answered just hung up the phone w/o giving me her address ... well! That's not very nice. I thought folks in the south were nicer than him...maybe he's from NYC
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-14-2013 at 04:56 PM.

From Senator Nieves

From a Facebook Page of Senator Nieves:
    "Brian Nieves
    3 minutes ago ..
    To all my 2nd Amendment supporting friends, Let me make this Perfectly Abundantly Clear... The Dems in BOTH the House & Senate have, and will likely continue to file Anti-Gun Legislation. Here's the Good News - I am the chairman of the committee in the senate to which ALL gun bills are sent!! ALL Gun Bills, good or bad, must go through me!! I assure you, I promise you, all these Anti- Gun Bills are dead, as in D E A D - Dead!! ALL - ALL - ALL the Anti Gun Bills are DEAD!! "
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    From a Facebook Page of Senator Nieves:
    "ALL the Anti Gun Bills are DEAD!! "

Careful here, it's not just an issue related to assault weapons. You have to carefully read the definitions therein. It says that a shroud that completely or partially covers the barrel and keeps the nonshooting hand from being burned. That means EVERY rifle that exists today, including black powder rifles....unless it doesn't have a foreguard in any fashion. "Shroud" isn't defined and is fully open to interpretation.

It also says that that if a semiautomatic handgun can accept a detachable magazine on any part of the gun, even outside the grip. Guess what a double-action revolver could be defined to be. Guess what those convertible revolvers will be.

Note the tube magazine limit to 22 caliber...unless it's a lever action rifle.

These 4 politicians have made an effort to subvert the Missouri and US Constitutions. It's time to find a way to get them charged with a crime so we don't have to wait until re-election to get them voted out.

Banned
    While some courts have said that the right to bear arms includes the right of the individual to have them for the protection of his person and property as well as the right of the people to bear them collectively (People v. Brown, 253 Mich. 537; State v. Duke, 42 Tex. 455), the cases are unanimous in holding that the term "arms" as used in constitutional provisions refers only to those weapons which are ordinarily used for military or public defense purposes and does not relate to those weapons which are commonly used by criminals....from DOJ Brief to SCOTUS, US v. Miller, 1939

New Yorkers Are Fed Up.

Do what these New Yorkers are doing!

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/0...-2nd-amendment

Senator Brian Nieves

This is one of the finest and most dedicated State Senators in Missouri who is rather out spoken on 2A rights:
    The best has yet to come.............
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UkjB...&feature=share

HB545 is GOOD!

Here is a short video of why HB545 is actually "GOOD" for some thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMIee...ature=youtu.be

HB545 might be working against the anti-2A groups

In my circle of influence, I have seen a shift in attitudes towards 2A legislation because of this bill. People who didn't want to get vocal or didn't care about bans because "it doesn't effect me" are taking notice of this bill. A couple of people that I told about this bill asked me how to get in touch with their representatives. These are people who would only vote in presidential elections and that was it.

This may be a bill that we should talk up to gun owners that we know that "don't care about politics" or think "a ban won't effect me".

Quote Originally Posted by WCEarp View Post
    In my circle of influence, I have seen a shift in attitudes towards 2A legislation because of this bill. People who didn't want to get vocal or didn't care about bans because "it doesn't effect me" are taking notice of this bill. A couple of people that I told about this bill asked me how to get in touch with their representatives. These are people who would only vote in presidential elections and that was it.

This may be a bill that we should talk up to gun owners that we know that "don't care about politics" or think "a ban won't effect me".
    This bill is total trash and the sponsor and co-sponsors are getting their comings. It will be assigned to a committee, General Laws, as all bills are assigned. There was even talk of passing it out of committee so the sponsors could make even bigger fools of themselves on the floor of the house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast