• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House bill for confiscation of Assualt rifles, pistols, and magazines

WCEarp

HB545 might be working against the anti-2A groups

In my circle of influence, I have seen a shift in attitudes towards 2A legislation because of this bill. People who didn't want to get vocal or didn't care about bans because "it doesn't effect me" are taking notice of this bill. A couple of people that I told about this bill asked me how to get in touch with their representatives. These are people who would only vote in presidential elections and that was it.

This may be a bill that we should talk up to gun owners that we know that "don't care about politics" or think "a ban won't effect me".

mspgunner

In my circle of influence, I have seen a shift in attitudes towards 2A legislation because of this bill. People who didn't want to get vocal or didn't care about bans because "it doesn't effect me" are taking notice of this bill. A couple of people that I told about this bill asked me how to get in touch with their representatives. These are people who would only vote in presidential elections and that was it.

This may be a bill that we should talk up to gun owners that we know that "don't care about politics" or think "a ban won't effect me".

This bill is total trash and the sponsor and co-sponsors are getting their comings. It will be assigned to a committee, General Laws, as all bills are assigned. There was even talk of passing it out of committee so the sponsors could make even bigger fools of themselves on the floor of the house!

WCEarp

Oh I know this bill hasn't got a chance of passing, but it is interesting to see how this bill is getting people worked up into a lather.

I would love to listen in on a floor debate. I am sure that the media from Kansas City would have a field day with it. Though I would unstand why those on the committee would kill it as soon as they got.