• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House bill for confiscation of Assualt rifles, pistols, and magazines

NeoShade

http://house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB545&year=2013&code=R

. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

This would be the worst in the nation! Luckily, this has no chance of passing. Be sure to email these folks and complain though.

Bill sponsors:
Rory.Ellinger@house.mo.gov,
Jill.Schupp@house.mo.gov,
Rochelle.Gray@house.mo.gov,
Margo.McNeil@house.mo.gov

(full congress firearm bills here: http://house.mo.gov/billreport.aspx?select=subjectindexid:68&year=2013&code=R)

tattedupboy

Just by virtue of the fact that it's an ex post facto law is enough for a court to easily strike it down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HP995

Now it's on the NRA ILA radar too.

Let's not forget about these jokers and aim to get them kicked out of the House next election for sure, as an example to others.

Let's keep bringing up these names in negative context and get the word out repeatedly to friends and relatives, gun stores and ranges and shooting contacts, email lists and forums we belong to, etc.

F350

http://house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB545&year=2013&code=R

This would be the worst in the nation! Luckily, this has no chance of passing. Be sure to email these folks and complain though.

Bill sponsors:
Rory.Ellinger@house.mo.gov,
Jill.Schupp@house.mo.gov,
Rochelle.Gray@house.mo.gov,
Margo.McNeil@house.mo.gov

(full congress firearm bills here: http://house.mo.gov/billreport.aspx?select=subjectindexid:68&year=2013&code=R)

Don't tell me; let me do my Karnak routine here...........

They are all (ever lovin', darlin', little cherub like) Democrats.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I'll be here all week.

mspgunner

Now it's on the NRA ILA radar too.

Let's not forget about these jokers and aim to get them kicked out of the House next election for sure, as an example to others.

Let's keep bringing up these names in negative context and get the word out repeatedly to friends and relatives, gun stores and ranges and shooting contacts, email lists and forums we belong to, etc.

This bill wil never be heard in Committee - DEAD!

mechanicworkman

U sent my emails and already have a response from Rochelle Grey see the attached images
u5y2asej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mechanicworkman

I sent a very nicely written letter but made my I would like to know if she is sidestepping the issue or is she possibly supporting something she doesn't know about. I received 2 emails from her first the one saying she didn't know what i was talking about then the second saying to disregard. Which is it?

HP995

"INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES ELLINGER (Sponsor), SCHUPP, MCNEIL AND WALTON GRAY"

???

Superlite27

"Just curious:

How do you know whether or not i support HB 545?"

Well.....for one, I clicked on your profile on the Missouri House of Representatives website that brought me to a page of bills currently in session.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billreport....ict:075&sortoptions=xsponsor&year=2013&code=R

Yep. Your name is on the co-sponsor list for HB545.

Just curious:

Do YOU know whether or not you support bills you co-sponsor?

Because I'm pretty good at drumming up contributions and support for candidates that know what they support and what they don't.

....especially when they run against politicians that co-sponsor bills they don't even know if they're co-sponsoring or not.

Last edited:

mechanicworkman

Well I'm glad to see that she finally owned up to at least being a co sponsor but, we need to bombard her and others like her with emails showing our overwhelming dislike/distain for supporting bills like this in any way shape or form. But she only owned up to it after I provided links from her page to the bills she sponsored or co-sponsored

y3aqatug.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
If her name is on the bill as a co-sponser that means she supports the damn thing.

Call he up and say they you want to turn your gun into her directly and to please provide you with her home address and to note that she should wear something distinctive, like a company tee-shirt from Target Inc. ... for easy identification. And then ask what time you can come over?

Well I called (573-751-5538) and asked if she would accept my gun, hand delivered to her at her home .. and the guy who answered just hung up the phone w/o giving me her address ... well! That's not very nice. I thought folks in the south were nicer than him...maybe he's from NYC

Last edited:

mspgunner

From Senator Nieves

From a Facebook Page of Senator Nieves:
"Brian Nieves
3 minutes ago · ..
To all my 2nd Amendment supporting friends, Let me make this Perfectly Abundantly Clear... The Dems in BOTH the House & Senate have, and will likely continue to file Anti-Gun Legislation. Here's the Good News - I am the chairman of the committee in the senate to which ALL gun bills are sent!! ALL Gun Bills, good or bad, must go through me!! I assure you, I promise you, all these Anti- Gun Bills are dead, as in D E A D - Dead!! ALL - ALL - ALL the Anti Gun Bills are DEAD!! "

REALteach4u

Careful here, it's not just an issue related to assault weapons. You have to carefully read the definitions therein. It says that a shroud that completely or partially covers the barrel and keeps the nonshooting hand from being burned. That means EVERY rifle that exists today, including black powder rifles....unless it doesn't have a foreguard in any fashion. "Shroud" isn't defined and is fully open to interpretation.

It also says that that if a semiautomatic handgun can accept a detachable magazine on any part of the gun, even outside the grip. Guess what a double-action revolver could be defined to be. Guess what those convertible revolvers will be.

Note the tube magazine limit to 22 caliber...unless it's a lever action rifle.

These 4 politicians have made an effort to subvert the Missouri and US Constitutions. It's time to find a way to get them charged with a crime so we don't have to wait until re-election to get them voted out.

davidmcbeth

Banned
While some courts have said that the right to bear arms includes the right of the individual to have them for the protection of his person and property as well as the right of the people to bear them collectively (People v. Brown, 253 Mich. 537; State v. Duke, 42 Tex. 455), the cases are unanimous in holding that the term "arms" as used in constitutional provisions refers only to those weapons which are ordinarily used for military or public defense purposes and does not relate to those weapons which are commonly used by criminals....from DOJ Brief to SCOTUS, US v. Miller, 1939