Thread: See Bloomy knows best - woman dies from drinking coke

Banned

See Bloomy knows best - woman dies from drinking coke

Whew! Lucky I drink Pepsi ... oh, forget the fact that she was how fat?????

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...ca-cola-habit/

I love how they try to tell the Coke company they need to put warning labels on their drinks, but really? 2.2 GALLONS a DAY? What should the warning be? "Hey! Don't be a dumbass!"?

Not just Bloomy.

http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/hea...CVI/story.html

WASHINGTON — The US Food and Drug Administration should regulate the amount of added sugars in soda and other sweetened beverages to reverse the obesity epidemic, a Washington-based nutrition activist group urged in a petition signed by Harvard School of Public Health researchers, the Boston Public Health Commission, and others.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    I love how they try to tell the Coke company they need to put warning labels on their drinks, but really? 2.2 GALLONS a DAY? What should the warning be? "Hey! Don't be a dumbass!"?
    There is a limit on caffeine ... the FDA allows so much in drinks, figuring nobody is going to drink 2+ gallons of it a day.

And how did the doctor know this? It likely skewed his results and conclusions I figure. The ME should know nothing of the history of the person he is examining. IMO .. medical science is not a science at all ..
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-14-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    figuring nobody is going to drink 2+ gallons of it a day.

IMO .. medical science is not a science at all ..
    I see an embryonic legislative proposal already: "It shall be a violation of this act for an individual to purchase more than 2 gallons of carbonated beverage in a 24 hour period. This act shall not apply to a law enforcement officer." I mean, if it saves one life right?

Medicine being a pseudoscience is a great passion of mine. And I'm in medicine. They're good at mechanical stuff, pretty bad at everything else. Don't take their drugs or shots! You've been warned.
    Last edited by 77zach; 02-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Don't take their drugs or shots! You've been warned.
    What? They have a special court to railroad people who have been injured by getting shots !