• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

See Bloomy knows best - woman dies from drinking coke

ADobbs1989

I love how they try to tell the Coke company they need to put warning labels on their drinks, but really? 2.2 GALLONS a DAY? What should the warning be? "Hey! Don't be a dumbass!"?

sharkey

davidmcbeth

Banned
I love how they try to tell the Coke company they need to put warning labels on their drinks, but really? 2.2 GALLONS a DAY? What should the warning be? "Hey! Don't be a dumbass!"?

There is a limit on caffeine ... the FDA allows so much in drinks, figuring nobody is going to drink 2+ gallons of it a day.

And how did the doctor know this? It likely skewed his results and conclusions I figure. The ME should know nothing of the history of the person he is examining. IMO .. medical science is not a science at all ..

Last edited:

77zach

figuring nobody is going to drink 2+ gallons of it a day.

IMO .. medical science is not a science at all ..

I see an embryonic legislative proposal already: "It shall be a violation of this act for an individual to purchase more than 2 gallons of carbonated beverage in a 24 hour period. This act shall not apply to a law enforcement officer." I mean, if it saves one life right?

Medicine being a pseudoscience is a great passion of mine. And I'm in medicine. They're good at mechanical stuff, pretty bad at everything else. Don't take their drugs or shots! You've been warned.

Last edited: