My 23 year old son who DOES NOT have a handgun license just moved back to NC where he was very recently honorably discharged from the US Army.
I visited him there in December, and I OCd while I was there (I have an Oklahoma and an Arizona license). I didn't have any issues. However, a 23 year old attracts attention from LEOs that a 45 year old would not.
While he was home in Oklahoma, he bought a Springfield XDm 40 and a Serpa holster, and he loves it. He just called me while on his way to Walmart, and asked me questions about OC in NC.
Here's what I told him, please correct anything I've said that's wrong, and please add any other wisdom that I should pass along.
1) Unlicensed OC is legal in NC. Make sure your handgun is visible.
2) Any place that charges admission is a prohibited place.
3) Any place that sells alcohol for consumption is a prohibited place (to include restaurants)
4) OC in the car is fine, but it has to be clearly visible.
5) Gunbuster signs have force of law.
6) There is a law in NC called GATTOP, but you really have to be terrorizing someone for that to apply. (kinda cloudy on this one)
7) Municipalities can ban OC in certain places. I'm unsure on what those places are.
Anything else? This young veteran of the 82nd doesn't want or need trouble with LE. He's living in the Greensboro area.
Last edited by okiebryan; 02-14-2013 at 02:17 PM.
OP several of your presumptions you stated are incorrect...unlicensed what? huh!, weight of law? really?
might read the sticky and ask clarification on what confuses you or better yet...let him query nc thread with his questions
your son's home of record must be OK for him to purchase there...
ps what part of the state ais he in as there are gatherings for him to tag up with and receive all sorts of right answers
pps...and he wont draw any more attention OC'g than you would dad...
Last edited by ncwabbit; 02-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)