Thread: IL Sheriffs oppose weapons ban

IL Sheriffs oppose weapons ban

IL Sheriffs Assoc opposes assault weapons ban!

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Ill...191122471.html

Orion

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion_13 View Post
    IL Sheriffs Assoc opposes assault weapons ban!

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Ill...191122471.html

Orion
    But they don't oppose all of the other unconstitutional legislation that those in Illinois have to deal with, and also enforce that legislation every day? That's a little odd.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I will take any positive lite I can see in the state of IL. Seeing this was a complete shock to me and I'm betting to anyone else that has had the misfortune to deal with them over a gun in your car.

Btw, the reason I posted it in the KY area is that living in the Paducah it is very common to go to Metropolis, IL to the gambling boat. It is also common to drive up to Marion to the closest Target store. This end of KY allows you to be in 4 different states in less then an hours travel. It isn't uncommon to have family scattered around just across the borders either and a quick 15 minute drive to your brothers house can send you into the people's republic of IL and their unconstitutional laws on guns. It is so easy to relax and break laws by just not keeping your vigilance on the subject.

Orion

You would find that most sheriffs in Illinois are pro-gun, pro-citizen.

Unfortunately, it's Chicago that runs the state instead of Springfield.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    You would find that most sheriffs in Illinois are pro-gun, pro-citizen.

Unfortunately, it's Chicago that runs the state instead of Springfield.
    Well, that's what you get when votes are determined by population ... this system s-u-c-k-s

Sometimes I wish that our country was a true democracy. Then I look at how uninformed most people are and the low rates most elections receive. It is then that I realize that some people shouldn't have a say. LOL

Orion

Dumb people should not be allowed to vote~~there should be a mental health and competency test before anyone can be registered to vote.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Orion_13 View Post
    Sometimes I wish that our country was a true democracy. Then I look at how uninformed most people are and the low rates most elections receive. It is then that I realize that some people shouldn't have a say. LOL

Orion
    This is horrible idea.

Our system would be fine if we actually stood up to politicians who disobey the Constitution. Mob rule is a very bad idea for a political system.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    This is horrible idea.

Our system would be fine if we actually stood up to politicians who disobey the Constitution. Mob rule is a very bad idea for a political system.
    You are absolutely right!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Dumb people should not be allowed to vote~~there should be a mental health and competency test before anyone can be registered to vote.
    I'd rather the testing be for the elected officials. I don't like the idea of passing a test to use my freedoms. I will grant however it would be nice if only smart and informed people voted.