• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm getting better at self control....

Raffie

At work a person from the UK was talking to me and he was telling me how wonderful Piers Morgan was and how he found it funny that all the gun owners are mad about gun control and this and that. He was laughing that us Americans think we need guns when we don't and most of the world is better with total gun control.
Also how wonderful the UK is due to no guns and the list went on.
Since I was "AT WORK" I did real good and just smile and nod my head as he was babbling.
He was a friken Red Coat Queen of England, boot licker big time.....but I said nothing.
If I was not at work, and a bar....ummm... things would have got out of control. LOL

Last edited:

Schlepnier

See i would have made a few comments since i am armed with the facts...politley of course. about the crime rate jumpof 300% since they banned guns, how they are the most violent nation in the entire EU, how londn still confiscated some 800 "illegal" firearms a month from criminals despite a national ban etc....

An armed man is a citizen, a disarmed man is a subject, goood for him he answers to a monarch.

Raffie

I could tell pointing out facts with him would have been a waste of time.
It was clear that he was just not drinking lots of the UK brand Kool-Aid but swimming in it too.

I got a nice job so quitting that and working for a min wadge place is totally out of the question.

compmanio365

The hardest thing to do as a free man is to keep your mouth shut when someone so obviously loves the all powerful, infantilizing state, and not only do they love it, but they feel you must love it as well. Why are these people able to get away with promoting such ideals in the workplace whereas you or I would be finding ourselves in the unemployment line for sharing our views on the actual basis this country was founded on? It's infuriating....and I can only think of one quote to say to such people....as valid today as it was back then:

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

retrodad

Politely inform him that you appreciate his fussing, but he's comparing apples to oranges, colonies to the crown.

We have different populations (we're 5x bigger), different/diverse people (and we don't hold our legal immigrants at arm's length), considerably different forms of government, and a constitutionally-recognized natural right to keep and bear arms for the common defense.

Also remind him of Morgan's criminal past and how we don't take kindly, regardless of background, to so-called "journalists" who take the do as I say, not as I do route.

Last edited:

Sharpender

The hardest thing to do as a free man is to keep your mouth shut when someone so obviously loves the all powerful, infantilizing state, and not only do they love it, but they feel you must love it as well. Why are these people able to get away with promoting such ideals in the workplace whereas you or I would be finding ourselves in the unemployment line for sharing our views on the actual basis this country was founded on? It's infuriating....and I can only think of one quote to say to such people....as valid today as it was back then:

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

I agree! I'm so tired of keeping my mouth shut all the time. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the one with the problem.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
At work a person from the UK was talking to me and he was telling me how wonderful Piers Morgan was and how he found it funny that all the gun owners are mad about gun control and this and that. He was laughing that us Americans think we need guns when we don't and most of the world is better with total gun control.
Since I was "AT WORK" I did real good and just smile and nod my head as he was babbling.
He was a friken Red Coat Queen of England, boot licker big time.....but I said nothing.
If I was not at work, and a bar....ummm... things would have got out of control. LOL

Why would you respond any different at work or else where? Your comment of "things would have got out of control. LOL" is exactly what the liberals want to use against those of us that carry for self defense.
No issue with telling them what you feel, know or think but do it in control.

Today while out eating breakfast I over heard a fellow talking about a while back he was fishing and a guy anchored up by where he was fishing, his comment went to if he was armed with a gun they would have been swimming back to shore, why would anyone respond differently armed versus unarmed? He was not being threatened or in imminent threat of life or limb but no longer wishes to talk with me about guns and responsibilities :lol:

retrodad

why would anyone respond differently armed versus unarmed? He was not being threatened or in imminent threat of life or limb but no longer wishes to talk with me about guns and responsibilities :lol:

Yeah, I don't get that way of thinking either. And those kinds of responses reflect poorly on other gun owners.

Sparky508

Doesn't matter where I am, or who brings it up. I give it back to them in a calm and logical approach. It only proves my point the more when they get louder or emotional about it, that the whole idea, like their argument is invalid, and based on emotion rather than fact. :)

Xulld

Depending on the job, I may have felt compelled to let his boss know that he is carrying on with divisive political topics and have him quash it.

I am fortunate in that most of the popele I work with are freedom loving, small government types.

HOWEVER, and a big however it is, it takes only one person in a position of power who quitely disagrees to cause you trouble that might be completely unrelated.

Keeping topics regarding politics, religion, and sex completely out of work is a good idea.

Work should be about the job that needs to be done. That way the only impression those with control over your progress have only one opinion formed only from your ability to add value to the org.

Last edited:

F350

I use to work at a university in Missouri and my wife was a dean there during the voter referendum on CCW; I had long letters to the editor published about every other week for months in support of CCW. Well we were at a gathering for high ups and a Brit twit just had to come up to me to debate the whole gun issue, and lost rather badly when confronted by facts and figures. He puffed himself up with self superiority like only a Brit or Frog can do and said "WELL!!! If I had my way we would just go out and pick them all up"!

I looked him in the eye and said "And just how did that work out for you lime sucking sons-of bitches the last time you tried it"! He looked at me with shocked indignation in his eyes so I added "If I had my way we'd take all you bastards, shove a lime up your @ and ship you home where you belong"!!!

He went and got his wife and left :lol: The next Monday the university president was giving a presentation in the auditorium I was responsible for so our paths crossed and he said "I saw Nigel talking with you just before he left Friday night. What happened". So I told him (he was ex-Air Force I'm a former Marine), he just hung his head and shook it. I added "He came to me and initiated the debate on guns, I finished it, you know me, I don't back down"! He said "You could have been a bit more polite" I said "Polite is the Air Force way; stick a bayonet in their guts and twist is the Marine Corps way". He just walked away shaking his head.

Sharpender

i use to work at a university in missouri and my wife was a dean there during the voter referendum on ccw; i had long letters to the editor published about every other week for months in support of ccw. Well we were at a gathering for high ups and a brit twit just had to come up to me to debate the whole gun issue, and lost rather badly when confronted by facts and figures. He puffed himself up with self superiority like only a brit or frog can do and said "well!!! If i had my way we would just go out and pick them all up"!

I looked him in the eye and said "and just how did that work out for you lime sucking sons-of bitches the last time you tried it"! He looked at me with shocked indignation in his eyes so i added "if i had my way we'd take all you bastards, shove a lime up your @ and ship you home where you belong"!!!

He went and got his wife and left :lol: The next monday the university president was giving a presentation in the auditorium i was responsible for so our paths crossed and he said "i saw nigel talking with you just before he left friday night. What happened". So i told him (he was ex-air force i'm a former marine), he just hung his head and shook it. I added "he came to me and initiated the debate on guns, i finished it, you know me, i don't back down"! He said "you could have been a bit more polite" i said "polite is the air force way; stick a bayonet in their guts and twist is the marine corps way". He just walked away shaking his head.

lol!

Raffie

I got some real winners here I work with for sure.

I also got many people who are babbling "Obama is doing a fine job at cleaning up Bush's mess" and I got a few people I work with who are pro black and yes rally for Obama at the drop of a dime.
In fact this one black guy asked me what I thought of Obama. I said "I don't like him at all and wish he would leave the planet and go live on the sun."
The black guy now shows his PRO BLACKNESS to me "You white folk don't like him because he is black. I'm so sick of all your racism judging a man by the color of his skin.He's the 1st black president and deserves a chance...." and I let him babble till he was done. Then I said "Well I didn't like Bush an many others before him as well and tossed many insults at him. Where was you to tell me how wrong I am for judging a man by the color of his skin and Bush deserves a chance?" His face at that point went blank. 2 days later he got moved to a different work location.

F00King morons.....

Our country need an enema.

imalurker

I agree! I'm so tired of keeping my mouth shut all the time. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the one with the problem.

indeed.

except, I don't hold my tongue any more. One of my co-workers (a woman) started on the "nobody needs a thirty round magazine" - "it's ok to put restrictions on the 2nd amendment".. nonsense

I asked... "is it ok if we put restrictions on the 19th amendment; such as it cant be used until you're 65?"

She didn't even know what the 19th amendment did.. I told her to look it up and get back to me.

She hasn't spoken to me since, which is fine by me.

We're fighting a battle of logic with a collection of idiots.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
indeed.

except, I don't hold my tongue any more. One of my co-workers (a woman) started on the "nobody needs a thirty round magazine" - "it's ok to put restrictions on the 2nd amendment".. nonsense

I asked... "is it ok if we put restrictions on the 19th amendment; such as it cant be used until you're 65?"

She didn't even know what the 19th amendment did.. I told her to look it up and get back to me.

Nobody needs to go to church...
Nobody needs to read the bible...
Nobody needs to gather together...
Nobody needs to protest...
Nobody needs to remain silent...
Nobody needs to ride in the front of the bus...

bmg50cal

indeed.

Let's start a state wide moron test and begin a petition to end women's suffrage just to see how many are dumb enough to sign the end to women's "suffering."