Thread: "obnoxious d-bags" on OCDO

"obnoxious d-bags" on OCDO

I thought I would share with you some of the wisdom and insight from our frinds at OFCC...

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.p...69880&start=60

Quote Originally Posted by Werz
    I visit OpenCarry.org quite often, and I frequently try to shed a bit of light on "real world" consequences in a place not everyone is exactly in touch with reality...Too many people in those forums are more interested in being obnoxious d-bags than they are in the Second Amendment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    I thought I would share with you some of the wisdom and insight from our frinds at OFCC...

It's nice to be your "frind." And you're only occasionally obnoxious.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inspirational-quote-enemies.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	10009  

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post

After reading his entire quote I agree with him. There are some very childish people on this forum. I'm not talking about cop "baiters" or carrying black rifles, I'm talking about attitudes towards each other.

Sometimes I'm a dbag too.

I visit OpenCarry.org quite often, and I frequently try to shed a bit of light on "real world" consequences in a place not everyone is exactly in touch with reality. I have no problem with open carry; I do it frequently when the weather is warm. By the same token, I do not go out of my way to do it. Too many people in those forums are more interested in being obnoxious d-bags than they are in the Second Amendment. Given the current sociopolitical climate regarding firearms, we do not need to be perceived as obnoxious d-bags regardless of whether we are perceived as actually "dangerous."
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ask yourself these questions:

1. What is the purpose of this thread? To point out a pro-gun group objects to OC or to stir people to respond?

We already know of the anti-OC climate on OFCC. Some from here have tried to set a different, more positive tone, but so far have been rejected.......and this will help mend the rift how?

2. Are we so thin skinned about how they describe you/us that we need to make it a feature article in spite of our rules?

It would seem so, witness this thread. I see this thread as driving that wedge deeper, fracturing the divide further.

Our rule has clearly been violated -
    "12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked."
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-14-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.