• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"obnoxious d-bags" on OCDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyWifeSaidYes

I thought I would share with you some of the wisdom and insight from our frinds at OFCC...

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69880&start=60

Werz said:
I visit OpenCarry.org quite often, and I frequently try to shed a bit of light on "real world" consequences in a place not everyone is exactly in touch with reality...Too many people in those forums are more interested in being obnoxious d-bags than they are in the Second Amendment.

Fallschirjmäger

inspirational-quote-enemies.jpg

Attachments

• inspirational-quote-enemies.jpg
    inspirational-quote-enemies.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 102

sharkey

I thought I would share with you some of the wisdom and insight from our frinds at OFCC...

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69880&start=60

After reading his entire quote I agree with him. There are some very childish people on this forum. I'm not talking about cop "baiters" or carrying black rifles, I'm talking about attitudes towards each other.

Sometimes I'm a dbag too.

I visit OpenCarry.org quite often, and I frequently try to shed a bit of light on "real world" consequences in a place not everyone is exactly in touch with reality. I have no problem with open carry; I do it frequently when the weather is warm. By the same token, I do not go out of my way to do it. Too many people in those forums are more interested in being obnoxious d-bags than they are in the Second Amendment. Given the current sociopolitical climate regarding firearms, we do not need to be perceived as obnoxious d-bags regardless of whether we are perceived as actually "dangerous."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ask yourself these questions:

1. What is the purpose of this thread? To point out a pro-gun group objects to OC or to stir people to respond?

We already know of the anti-OC climate on OFCC. Some from here have tried to set a different, more positive tone, but so far have been rejected.......and this will help mend the rift how?

2. Are we so thin skinned about how they describe you/us that we need to make it a feature article in spite of our rules?

It would seem so, witness this thread. I see this thread as driving that wedge deeper, fracturing the divide further.

Our rule has clearly been violated -
"12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.