• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A Rights, Eggs and Baskets, Getting Vocal

HP995

I just made a donation to NRA, but I also joined GOA.

Don't depend only on NRA. They didn't perform a KO in the ring in December. They're good to support, but the other orgs get overlooked.

Last time I was at the gun shop, I asked questions and people did not seem very informed and motivated about maintaining their gun rights.

Hope we get more vocal. I think there are enough of us gun owners in America if we speak out.

Not only vocal to congress, but also vocal to fellow citizens. Get them used to the idea of guns being normal.

Ensure that 2A and OC continue for our gen and those to follow. We can win if we don't sleep.

Redbaron007

With the current atmosphere in Washington (and now state) with politicians , utilizing any/all pro 2A group is critical.

I would encourage all gunowners to support any pro 2A organization of their choice.

HP995

I just joined CCRKBA and donated some over the membership amount.

I'm a bit tight on budget this month. I can do one more org. Which one do you suggest to make the most impact right now?

WCEarp

HP995
It seems you already have your choice of national level groups covered. I would suggest a local gun/rifle club. You'll be able drum up support from like minded people. You'll have a place to bring "guests" to introduce to shooting sports. Good groups sometimes have reps that deal with legislators. You'll be supporting your local community. Lastly you'll have more reasons to shoot more and become a better marksman. :lol:

HP995

Great idea Earp, you're right, hope I can do that before long. Right now I'm having mobility issues so it would be very hard to go there often.