• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

public an state parks OC

pplkillnotguns

hello again so I play Frisbee golf an I would like to open carry in the parks we play in. I have been reading the laws and I cant really find anything about not carrying in parks. I would like to double check with you guys to make sure I'm not reading over something, misunderstanding something or just missing it all together and thank you guys for the information about my last question.

eye95

Ohio has preemption, so local governments cannot limit carry in parks. That doesn't mean that they won't try, or that you will not be harassed by local LEOs for violating their mythology of the law.

Wear a recorder that is running all the time. It is your best protection against rogue LEOs enforcing illegal or nonexistent laws.

pplkillnotguns

Video and Audio recorder

Ohio has preemption, so local governments cannot limit carry in parks. That doesn't mean that they won't try, or that you will not be harassed by local LEOs for violating their mythology of the law.

Wear a recorder that is running all the time. It is your best protection against rogue LEOs enforcing illegal or nonexistent laws.

Would I have to turn off the video/audio recorder if they ask me to? And would I have to let the LEO's know ahead of time that I am either video/audio recording them when they approach me?

eye95

If they want it off, make them take the overt act to seize it and turn it off. That would be one more indication in court that you, as a person, were seized. If they unlawfully seize you, St. John their asses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>