• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo..GONE??

REDDIRT

Where is all the ammo Everywhere I look no 9mm 22lr are gone any ideas where to get ammo I live in Lawton ok

ExtremistPullup

best thing to do is stalk cabelas & natchez site or get to an academy really early. Yesterday I was able to order 900 rds of 22lr and 200 rounds of 5.56

REDDIRT

I live in edgewaterpark /elgin want to sell some reloads lol i wish i knew how or i would reload mine.

mpguy

LPP? Or did you mean loaded rounds?

Shoot, I keep both kinds of brass, so I could make .45 ACP with LPP or SPP. Too bad I can't find either. :(

I actually said that wrong. Was referring to a box of bullets

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

splitfinger09

I bought 1,100 9mm rounds from walmart and 720 5.56 from walmart within the last three weeks or so. Just gotta call alot and check in alot. There are like 10 walmarts in the Tulsa metro area and I have been to all of them lol.

CraigB

Any luck finding any in the okc area? I knew one place but went there today and he didn't have any.. 9mm

1911 Range Officer

LoL, Lawton, I remember that place... Yea you need ammo alright, lots of gang related shootings there...hell I witnessed two myself. Good luck, because best I can remember Wal-Mart and gun shows are about your only opions locally.

Last edited:

Gary S

I ordered 3 boxes of 9mm on Saturday and they will be here this afternoon. Only place I could find on line that had any in stock was surplus ammo.

BikerGuy57

Why ammo is not available.... Looks like civil war is coming....

This is a large reason why ammo is not available..... Just got this in my email and wanted to share. I also got notice that the Department of Homeland Security ordered 2800 tanks....... Here's the google link....

And now the article about ammo shortages.......

http://www.infowars.com/guns-and-ammo-production-maxed-out-this-is-a-society-preparing-for-war-2/

Guns And Ammo Production Maxed Out: “This is a Society Preparing For War”

Mac SlavoSHTFPlan.com Feb 15, 2013

President Barack Obama is, arguably, the best gun salesman ever. Over 65 million guns have been purchased since the President took office in 2009. FBI background check statistics indicate that, over the last twelve months, Americans purchased a new gun every 1.5 seconds, a figure which suggests there is much more to the recent panic buying than people just stocking up to go hunting or sports shooting.

The following guns and ammo industry report indicates that every major gun and ammunition manufacturer in the country is running at 100% capacity, with many so far behind that they’ve stopped taking new orders altogether.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can’t get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly…bottle necked by Bolt carrier’s.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity…can’t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS… ALL Remington, Winchester , CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra’s for reloading purposes… it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted…

Many who have exercised their Second Amendment protections are first time buyers concerned with Federal and State gun grabs being spearheaded by politicians who are using the Sandy Hook school shooting as a pretext to restrict access to personal defense rifles, larger capacity magazines, and even ammunition.

But this may only be a part of why there’s so much demand. There are millions of Americans who are genuinely concerned with not just the government taking their guns, but all of their other Constitutionally protected freedoms as well.

We understand what happens in regimes that disarm their people. We’ve seen thedemocide of the last century, which left hundreds of millions of people dead or displaced when their governments turned on them.

We are determined to prevent it from happening in the land of the free.

Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn’t come close to keeping up with market demand.

It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone.

This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Source: Bob Owens via SteveQuayle.com

With over 300 million firearms in America in the hands of private citizens, the people are sending a loud and clear message to their government.

Back off. Stop encroaching on our personal liberties. Limit yourself to your Constitutionally granted powers and nothing more.

You’re not the only ones that are armed.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I trust most know I'm hardly a champion of the government, but all this talk of looming civil war is more than a little hysterical.

It's not a country "preparing for war", it's a country voting with our wallets.

DamonK

Try the smaller mom and pop stores. There's a couple holes in the wall around here that almost always have what I'm looking for(9mm, 45acp, 223, 308, 30-06) for a pretty good price. Cabelas has stopped even trying to fill their ammo shelves. They have them faced with rem oil and cleaning kits now.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

BikerGuy57

Marshaul, You're right. We're voting with our wallets and the proof is that gun sales and ammo sales are way up. What you're not seeing is that Obama has bought up several BILLION rounds of ammo PLUS over the weekend, it was learned that he has also bought 2700 light armored tanks to be used on America soil. Why? For the answer, see this link for the real story....

We can't afford to brush this off and close an eye to this..... Ignorance is not bliss!!

I trust most know I'm hardly a champion of the government, but all this talk of looming civil war is more than a little hysterical.

It's not a country "preparing for war", it's a country voting with our wallets.

Last edited: