• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Holland.

FreeInAZ

I have open carried in Holland with no issues. There is a OC Dinner in Grandville which isn't terribly far from Holland.

Casper - you should try to make this. If you are nervous don't carry - you'll be welcome anyway. It is the easiest way for someone new to OC to learn. Seeing people in person and getting their advice gained through years of experience is worth 10 thousand forum posts in my opinion. ;)

Edited to add: Please read posts #6, #8, #10, #13 in the thread below. They will keep you from falling into some of the common pitfalls that non CPL open carriers get jammed up on by police.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...on-and-open-carry&highlight=loading+unloading

Snip from thread (this post by the very wise Bikenut)...

Now a word of caution for OC'ing without a CPL...

When transitioning from "transporting" to "carrying" be very careful to do ALL handling of the gun itself OUTSIDE the confines of the vehicle. DO NOT handle the gun inside the trunk trying to hide what you are doing from folks in fear of scaring them. Also .. do not lean back into the vehicle to get a hat or anything and have the gun now on your hip go inside the car.... because unless transporting..... without a CPL it is illegal to possess a pistol inside a vehicle....

Last edited:

quarter horseman

Oced at Family Fare aat butternut and 144th in both the store and station. Mobil at same intersection. Torco on butternut, the meijer, target, pizza hut, steak and shake, all by the mall.

casper

I broke the ice today and OC'd at Dunham's. If anyone noticed they didn't react at all. I thought I was invisable. It did give me a ? though. How do you legally get the gun case out of the trunk when your leaving ? If you reach in to get it are you breacking the law ?

Raggs

I would suggest leaving the case as near the rear of the trunk as possible so you only have to reach in without leaning in which COULD get you jammed if a officer wanted to be a jerk, I am sure others will give you some advice.

I broke the ice today and OC'd at Dunham's. If anyone noticed they didn't react at all. I thought I was invisable. It did give me a ? though. How do you legally get the gun case out of the trunk when your leaving ? If you reach in to get it are you breacking the law ?