• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAF gets heavyweight support in carry case motion to SCOTUS

eye95

I am not attacking anyone. I am questioning a behavior and explaining my reaction to it--in the hope that the behavior of this ally changes in a way that is helpful to the movement.

BTW, examine your post. Aren't you exhibiting the self-same behavior towards me? If you believe that you should criticize the behavior of an ally, why do you not believe that I should???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

DamonK

I am not attacking anyone. I am questioning a behavior and explaining my reaction to it--in the hope that the behavior of this ally changes in a way that is helpful to the movement.

BTW, examine your post. Aren't you exhibiting the self-same behavior towards me? If you believe that you should criticize the behavior of an ally, why do you not believe that I should???

<o>

He's already very helpful to us. And I would imagine a fairly busy guy. Whether or not he chooses to return and participate in a discussion is a mute point.

As far as the self-same thing goes, I'm pointing out your destructive behavior. I'm not arguing with.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

eye95

He's already very helpful to us. And I would imagine a fairly busy guy. Whether or not he chooses to return and participate in a discussion is a mute point.

As far as the self-same thing goes, I'm pointing out your destructive behavior. I'm not arguing with.

Moot to you, not to me. I see it as arrogance.

DamonK

Moot to you, not to me. I see it as arrogance.

Ever stop to consider that maybe not everything is judged by how you see it? Do you get angry at reporters when you yell at them on tv? No one has an obligation to do things the way you want them to. Get over yourself.

eye95

Ever stop to consider that maybe not everything is judged by how you see it? Do you get angry at reporters when you yell at them on tv? No one has an obligation to do things the way you want them to. Get over yourself.

Again, don't you see exactly what you criticize in your own words?

I don't expect anyone to act in any particular way based upon my words. I am expressing an opinion. That is all. It seems to be you who is getting worked up.

Anyway, you are the last person I expect anything from based on my posts here, so I'll just move on to discussions with others. Feel free to project once more. I won't respond.

SavageOne

I don't believe it to be a moot point at all. If Mr. Workman wishes to pass on his information and thoughts without having to deal with other's input and comments, then he should post them in the blog area of this site. This is the forum section and by definition implies discussion.

For the record, I am also a busy person, but I still show the other members of this forum the courtesy of interacting with them when I start a thread.

wizzi01

I don't believe it to be a moot point at all. If Mr. Workman wishes to pass on his information and thoughts without having to deal with other's input and comments, then he should post them in the blog area of this site. This is the forum section and by definition implies discussion.

For the record, I am also a busy person, but I still show the other members of this forum the courtesy of interacting with them when I start a thread.

Stop whining about this already. We are supposed to stick together not cry, because you believe someone is getting paid for an article.

eye95

I don't care whether the guy is big or not. It is his behavior to which I take exception. The arrogance displayed makes me believe that the writer thinks he is "big." I don't.

Again, all I am saying is that, if someone posts his articles on an interactive message board, it is arrogant to put out these pronouncements and then ignore all comment. This poster routinely participates in that arrogant behavior.

Common courtesy (as Sidney Poitier said, "Common...no big deal") demands that he respond to at least some comments on his posted article. I have never seen him do so.

DamonK

I don't care whether the guy is big or not. It is his behavior to which I take exception. The arrogance displayed makes me believe that the writer thinks he is "big." I don't.

Again, all I am saying is that, if someone posts his articles on an interactive message board, it is arrogant to put out these pronouncements and then ignore all comment. This poster routinely participates in that arrogant behavior.

Common courtesy (as Sidney Poitier said, "Common...no big deal") demands that he respond to at least some comments on his posted article. I have never seen him do so.

I think you need to work on that chip on your shoulder. You find insult where none is meant. Take a deep breath and realize that nobody has to send you a reply when you comment on their page. He is a writer, not debater. He writes articles (generally from our common viewpoint) that he then shares with the group here and elsewhere. He shares them with dual purpose. First, because we share a common view point. Second, he does make a little money by us simply clicking his story(at no cost to us).

eye95

I do not find insult, except maybe in your post!

I said that I find arrogance in the behavior. Reading is fundamental.

Oh, and check out the log on your shoulder.

Moving on.

<o>

moriar

I do not find insult, except maybe in your post!

I said that I find arrogance in the behavior. Reading is fundamental.

Oh, and check out the log on your shoulder.

Moving on.

<o>

Eye95

From your posting, I do not see any fault of yours. In my humble eyes, this behavior is similar the the pre-1950's kid on the corner selling newspapers. Instead of papers, he is selling "hits" by enticing the user to view his article.

Gunslinger

Oh, nice one! Do you think there'll be one for the next Republican President who makes unconstitutional agenda's and remarks? I do hope so! Maybe it'll be something from Stalin. I like how a Democrat is placed on a edited image that once showed a Nazi Brownshirt. Very imaginative indeed!

Nice one indeed. And very fitting picture of the man who would be fuhrer. You don't need to wait for remarks from Stalin. obooba plays boths sides of the tyrant aisle.

sudden valley gunner

Oh really? Then how about you explain. So you don't come off sounding petty and insecure.....

Sigh....project much?

I thought you would be smart enough to know what I am talking about.....Eye and I don't always see Eye to eye....and he got exactly what I meant. By simply following the flow of the post and the title of the thread.

Or am I to assume that you know exactly what I was talking about but are pretending I wasn't clear, because you just don't find my viewpoint acceptable and so that you can ad more ad hominem.......? If you notice I tried to reply to your first attempt at slighting others with humor......

Last edited:

DamonK

Sigh....project much?

I thought you would be smart enough to know what I am talking about.....Eye and I don't always see Eye to eye....and he got exactly what I meant. By simply following the flow of the post and the title of the thread.

Or am I to assume that you know exactly what I was talking about but are pretending I wasn't clear, because you just don't find my viewpoint acceptable and so that you can ad more ad hominem.......? If you notice I tried to reply to your first attempt at slighting others with humor......

If it's taken as a slight, then so be it. I'm fed up with my fellow firearms owners cutting their nose off to spite their own face. When there are so many threats to our rights and well being, there are people more interested in finding fights within. What has Dave done but try to further our cause?

I apologize right now for any insult made, intended or not. But how about you guys try to focus more on the prise and less on stirring up squabbles amongst ourselves?

Last edited: