Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should forum mods limit access to exclude gov't IPs from gaining access?

Banned

Should forum mods limit access to exclude gov't IPs from gaining access?

Make it harder to spy ...

Pointless.

They'll just make faux accounts and work from home or starbucks. I'm sure they have some secret billion dollar program to dredge sites like this. Lookin' for domestic turists (sic). Maybe see if they can get some idiot to sell a sawed off shotgun or make his rifle full auto.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Founder's Club Member
    No. Let 'em spy. They're not going to see much. If they're blocked, they'll just get suspicious and start looking even closer on other channels.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Limiting access from government IP's to make it harder to spy would be just as effective as universal background checks making it harder for criminals to get guns.

Useless.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

On one hand, why should they be wasting tax money by browsing here while they're at work? No crimes here, nothing to see, move along.
    OTOH, it would probably make some sneaks suspicious, and I'm sure they do have non-.gov ISPs to use, even from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Who really thinks the feds are expending any significant effort on OCDO. A simple script would take care of "looking" for any shenanigans.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Awww, c'mon.

I check this forum on my lunch hour at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Awww, c'mon.

I check this forum on my lunch hour at work.
    Second that!

I regularly check the forum from work. Though it was banned while I was in the desert (I forget the exact reason). It isn't exactly hard to have a bit of "downtime" at work depending on what one's job is, as I'm sure a great many of you have times where you're not 100% doing something work related.

a lot of gov officials are lazy. I'd be willing to bet they actually learn a thing or two while "spying" on here. it's probably a good thing they read sites like this. furthers their education same way as it does for normal people.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    www.CTCarry.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    a lot of gov officials are lazy. I'd be willing to bet they actually learn a thing or two while "spying" on here. it's probably a good thing they read sites like this. furthers their education same way as it does for normal people.
    Maybe ... if they had functioning brains ... which they don't ...

why not block? make them go to starbucks ... more time there, less time writing idiotic legislation

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Nothing to hide - open door policy

Nothing to see here - keep on movin'

Nobody here but us chickens.

Seriously people, what is there to hide? We are LAC going about our normal everyday lives while exercising our rights. We are educated, dedicated, friendly people. We believe in the legislative process and work within the court system for the benefit of our families, communities + our state and country.

All that glitters may not be gold, but it sure is shiny......and I like shiny things.

Let the sun shine in!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

We claim to be LACs. I am confident that others have a different view of us and they are just waiting.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    We claim to be LACs. I am confident that others have a different view of us and they are just waiting.
    It is not true that the mission of the law is to regulate our consciences, our ideas, our will, our education, our sentiments, our works, our exchanges, our gifts, our enjoyments. Its mission is to prevent the rights of one from interfering with those of another, in any one of these things. ~ From The Law by Frédéric Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Keylock View Post
    It is not true that the mission of the law is to regulate our consciences, our ideas, our will, our education, our sentiments, our works, our exchanges, our gifts, our enjoyments. Its mission is to prevent the rights of one from interfering with those of another, in any one of these things. ~ From The Law by Frédéric Bastiat
    Smart fella, that Frédéric Bastiat.....for a Frog.

No need to they might even learn a good thing or two from coming here.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    On one hand, why should they be wasting tax money by browsing here while they're at work? No crimes here, nothing to see, move along.
    OTOH, it would probably make some sneaks suspicious, and I'm sure they do have non-.gov ISPs to use, even from work.
    While being unlawfully arrested I noted that this site was up on the screen in the patrol car.

The cops need to learn the law some how too.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    While being unlawfully arrested I noted that this site was up on the screen in the patrol car.

The cops need to learn the law some how too.
    LOL! sorry for your unlawful arrest, but that is slightly amusing. he probably couldn't find the laws in his handbook or with his supervisor, so he probably went to the first place online he could think of that actually discuss the truthful specifics about laws.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    www.CTCarry.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    LOL! sorry for your unlawful arrest, but that is slightly amusing. he probably couldn't find the laws in his handbook or with his supervisor, so he probably went to the first place online he could think of that actually discuss the truthful specifics about laws.
    Yes, I find it hard to fathom that cops use this sight to learn about the law ... the gov't IPs should be banned IMO.

Banning them would do no harm, right?

David - no, it would be stupid to ban the .gov's .

Have in plain sight is better to have, if you ban it. You will give the notion that "we" are up to no good.

Also, alot of people have government positions, or heck just regular military folk that want to browse the sites while on downtime.

I would say this is a 1/10 on Ideas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moriar View Post
    David - no, it would be stupid to ban the .gov's .

Have in plain sight is better to have, if you ban it. You will give the notion that "we" are up to no good.

Also, alot of people have government positions, or heck just regular military folk that want to browse the sites while on downtime.

I would say this is a 1/10 on Ideas.
    Of course, anything said in a public forum could be used against you in court, right? This idea is a 10/10 ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Of course, anything said in a public forum could be used against you in court, right? This idea is a 10/10 ...
    All it would require is for me to hop on public wireless and back to looking at this site unimpeded.

1/10 again.

Exclamation Doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Maybe ... if they had functioning brains ... which they don't ...

why not block? make them go to starbucks ... more time there, less time writing idiotic legislation
    ... but then I don't write legislation (idiotic or otherwise), seldom go to any Starbucks (but I get a few calls to meet there), and my brain (which actually does function from time to time) insists that I use my home I'net account to participate in all sorts of forums outside my usual work at "the office".

It would really piss me off if I were blocked from any site I enjoyed and felt I gained knowledge from simply because of where I posted from... even if it is allowed by my bosses.

But wait, this is such a radical notion... I wonder... did I miss a screening process when I joined the forum? Should I have checked an are you now or have you ever been/I/we/them/us/other box? If so, I would gladly bow out and hit the road. Or maybe, sometimes, the "spy" in me takes over and I start reading all sorts of books, magazines, and propaganda (good and bad). Even though I have copies of "Intelligence Wars" (Powers) and "espionage's most Wanted" <sic> (Mahl) at my bedside just to, from time-to-time, reminisce the footnotes I had a hand in, I have little spare time to spy on what I think are like-minded folk.

Geez, I hope you're not all spying on me... then SMERSH to you, smersh, I say...

Bonus point to whoever knows the date and President that abolished the use of a subversive organization list (i.e. have you now or ever been...)

Is this really a frequently asked question? If so, maybe the moderators should weed us, or them, out being as, at least some of us/them have no functioning brains!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moriar View Post
    All it would require is for me to hop on public wireless and back to looking at this site unimpeded.

1/10 again.
    Hello, these gov't employees are not THAT smart....methods for getting around a blocking is not a reason not to block..otherwise no site would block, right?

Still a 10/10 idea....those who think otherwise should go back and read ALL their postings ... ever posted anything that could be read as being in a negative light? Almost all can...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast