Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wa sb 5737

Wa sb 5737

I didn't see any mention of this yet: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...Bills/5737.pdf

Wow. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how some of these people think. Don't think I ever will.

What a crock of .....
    Small Business Owner---> Forward Motion Performance. Auto Services, 2A supporter, your gun is welcome and gets you a discount!
    Gun Rights Advocate---> I'll stand up for your rights, even if you don't think it's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidalwave View Post
    I didn't see any mention of this yet: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...Bills/5737.pdf

Wow. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how some of these people think. Don't think I ever will.
    Don't bother trying. Just use the phone. Before they make us use the ammo box...

Olympia has over a dozen new bills floating around covering everything from outright bans to taxes to voiding preemption to "safe storage". Get on this guys, there more going on than OC.

OC becomes irrelevant when they outlaw firearms.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

So basically we can't sell our assault weapons, we can't keep a mag over 10 rounds with any gun, if we pass them on when we die we have to make sure our families know the rules so they don't get in trouble. We can't even have a semi auto pistol with more than 10 rounds. There is just too much in there, I don't know where to start.
    Small Business Owner---> Forward Motion Performance. Auto Services, 2A supporter, your gun is welcome and gets you a discount!
    Gun Rights Advocate---> I'll stand up for your rights, even if you don't think it's important.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleWingsfan View Post
    So basically we can't sell our assault weapons, we can't keep a mag over 10 rounds with any gun, if we pass them on when we die we have to make sure our families know the rules so they don't get in trouble. We can't even have a semi auto pistol with more than 10 rounds. There is just too much in there, I don't know where to start.
    On top of that every year the Sheriff gets to inspect your home.

Besides the obvious, another thing that bothers me about this is many people buy guns for investment. I feel good knowing that if I need money for whatever reason that I can sell a few here or there to live on till the situation resolves itself. This basically makes a large part of my collection worthless for all in tensive purposes. It makes all our AR or assault weapons as they describe worthless. If they can't be sold legally, I don't remember seeing anything allowing to transfer to out of state for a sale.

It is interesting the same three names appear on a lot of these bills, Murry, Kohl-Wells and Kline. They did not come up with this over night, they must have a file cabinet full.
    When are their terms up?

Quote Originally Posted by fetch View Post
    It is interesting the same three names appear on a lot of these bills, Murry, Kohl-Wells and Kline. They did not come up with this over night, they must have a file cabinet full.
    When are their terms up?
    Yep, this is basically the same bill that they tried to push three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    On top of that every year the Sheriff gets to inspect your home.
    Before the hearing on this three years ago, Kline said this provision would be removed. It was still in there at the time of the hearing, and is still there three years later.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by fetch View Post
    When are their terms up?
    Does it matter? The seem to get reelected over and over. I was tired of her ten years ago.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Angry Its got to be a Joke.

This will never pass. All it would do is start a war they cant win. Washington people will never submit to this.

and i hope not, cause i am about to move out to Washington, and i damn well know im not giving up anything i own.

If this guy has his way we all will.......

Quote Originally Posted by PackinXD40 View Post
    and i hope not, cause i am about to move out to Washington, and i damn well know im not giving up anything i own.
    http://tvw.org/index.php?option=com_...ennium=2009-10

There are two videos here, the first did not link up correctly.
    Follow the first link then find January 26th, 2010, 10:00AM Public: SB 5838, SB 6590, SB 6396, Exec: SB 6340, SB 6293

“This is a invitation by the U.S. Supreme Court the State legislatures to pass reasonable safety conscious restrictions on the nature of the people allowed to own and the nature of the guns themselves and that’s very explicit from the words I just read”

Make no mistake Kline and his ILK will take everything they can get.

Stay vigilant

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

So once the Detards F everyone over with stupid laws they force on us.
    They roll out the 100' solid gold Obama statue and at gun point force us to worship it?

So my g26 with a plus 3 mag extender is now an assault pistol? As is my browning 300 win mag with a muzzle brake? Damn sure didnt act like a killing machine last time I went moose hunting.

Pretty soon Obama will pass a law "COMPLY OR DIE"

re-dick-u-las!

A lot of state are trying this angle. We need to all call and write to make sure this does not go through!

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleWingsfan View Post
    Actually, there might be enough crap included in this law to even get some of the "elitist" Gun Owners P-O'd. The ones that like their fancy hunting rifles but think we should all be forced to give up our AR's etc.

The law also bans rifles with thumb-hole stocks. Well, there goes a major number of competitive rifles. Also, if your trigger finger is too low when placed on the trigger by the design of the weapon, it too is banned. No more long range hunting rifles with the more vertical pistol grips incorporated into the stock (think McMillan A-5 type stock as well as numerous others).

When the Legislature starts whizzing in the gun elitist's Cheerios's then maybe the'll start making some calls too.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffie View Post
    Pretty soon Obama will pass a law "COMPLY OR DIE"
    Please remember guys, this is a government by the consent of the people. We as OCers are used to not consenting and yet often allowing Johnny Law to violate our person after using "our words". We do not consent to much of what is done in our names and yet we stand by, idle. Waiting for what? A leader? The truly atrocious act that will impel even our Fudd hunting rifle owning neighbor to the required consciousnesses of the true state of affairs? Some militia guys to charge the enemy lines? No we wait for nothing. We will do nothing. Just as in the Weimar Republic, so also here in America. The men who could do something will stand by as a determined minority which had lied and stolen it's way into power leads that nation into destruction. And in the end there will be their children asking, "Why didn't they do something?" How do you answer that?

The stand that will be forced upon us, the few, the Three Percent, will not be one of words. It will only be when we, as men and women who understand our Rights, who stand together, armed, in the face of and in direct disobedience to these unconstitutional laws that you will see the system cast into disarray. One man or woman is easily killed, but killing a crowd? Much harder to justify in the court of even our "Streicher" clone media.

We will not start the fight, but instead we must be present at the locations and at the heart of these issues. Much like the men at Lexington. The monster will kill us when challenged. It only remains for other men, seeing the true cost of inaction, to stand afterwards and do the work of men.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Tune in next month for Senator Kline reintroducing another of his pet bills: Roll back the three strikes laws!

So, criminalize the law abiding with feel good legislation, but release the multi-offending felons from prisons. What could go wrong?

I just came across a posting on FB about the bill. Seems as if it might be effectively "dead"?

From these guy's page:

Gun Rights Across America Washington State

Just got word from Rep. Elizabeth Scott, and Rep Matt Shea that SB 5737 is DEAD in the Senate!! THANKS YOU ALL

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post
    I just came across a posting on FB about the bill. Seems as if it might be effectively "dead"?

From these guy's page:

Gun Rights Across America Washington State

Just got word from Rep. Elizabeth Scott, and Rep Matt Shea that SB 5737 is DEAD in the Senate!! THANKS YOU ALL
    Not dead as of yesterday.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wash...id=db_articles

Keep in mind, they are in full blown cluster mode. They are trying to propose as many bills as possible hoping that one might get through. This ban bill is so awful that maybe they know it's less likely to pass but are hoping it will provide cover for and make bills like 1588 appear more "moderate" in comparison. Don't let up on any of them.

They're up to more than un- Constitutional gun laws, they are trying to repeal the SUBVERSION LAW

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...0JUDI%2013.pdf

Why? So subversive groups like MAIG and WA Ceasefire cannt be prosecuted for their subversive actions.

And Legislators.
    Last edited by A_patriot@ymail.com; 02-17-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_patriot@ymail.com View Post
    They're up to more than un- Constitutional gun laws, they are trying to repeal the SUBVERSION LAW

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...0JUDI%2013.pdf

Why? So subversive groups like MAIG and WA Ceasefire cannt be prosecuted for their subversive actions.

And Legislators.

HB 1062 has nothing to do with open carry of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    HB 1062 has nothing to do with open carry of firearms.
    But did you read it? It seems like legislation too important to ignore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast