• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wa sb 5737

Freedom First

I didn't see any mention of this yet: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5737.pdf

Wow. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how some of these people think. Don't think I ever will.

Don't bother trying. Just use the phone. Before they make us use the ammo box...

Olympia has over a dozen new bills floating around covering everything from outright bans to taxes to voiding preemption to "safe storage". Get on this guys, there more going on than OC.

OC becomes irrelevant when they outlaw firearms.

SeattleWingsfan

So basically we can't sell our assault weapons, we can't keep a mag over 10 rounds with any gun, if we pass them on when we die we have to make sure our families know the rules so they don't get in trouble. We can't even have a semi auto pistol with more than 10 rounds. There is just too much in there, I don't know where to start.

Alpine

So basically we can't sell our assault weapons, we can't keep a mag over 10 rounds with any gun, if we pass them on when we die we have to make sure our families know the rules so they don't get in trouble. We can't even have a semi auto pistol with more than 10 rounds. There is just too much in there, I don't know where to start.

On top of that every year the Sheriff gets to inspect your home.

SeattleWingsfan

Besides the obvious, another thing that bothers me about this is many people buy guns for investment. I feel good knowing that if I need money for whatever reason that I can sell a few here or there to live on till the situation resolves itself. This basically makes a large part of my collection worthless for all in tensive purposes. It makes all our AR or assault weapons as they describe worthless. If they can't be sold legally, I don't remember seeing anything allowing to transfer to out of state for a sale.

fetch

It is interesting the same three names appear on a lot of these bills, Murry, Kohl-Wells and Kline. They did not come up with this over night, they must have a file cabinet full.
When are their terms up?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
It is interesting the same three names appear on a lot of these bills, Murry, Kohl-Wells and Kline. They did not come up with this over night, they must have a file cabinet full.
When are their terms up?

Yep, this is basically the same bill that they tried to push three years ago.

On top of that every year the Sheriff gets to inspect your home.

Before the hearing on this three years ago, Kline said this provision would be removed. It was still in there at the time of the hearing, and is still there three years later.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
When are their terms up?

Does it matter? The seem to get reelected over and over. I was tired of her ten years ago.

TheGunMan

Its got to be a Joke.

This will never pass. All it would do is start a war they cant win. Washington people will never submit to this.

Whitney

If this guy has his way we all will.......

and i hope not, cause i am about to move out to Washington, and i damn well know im not giving up anything i own.

http://tvw.org/index.php?option=com_tvwsearch&acronym=JUD&biennium=2009-10

There are two videos here, the first did not link up correctly.
Follow the first link then find January 26th, 2010, 10:00AM Public: SB 5838, SB 6590, SB 6396, Exec: SB 6340, SB 6293

[video=youtube;gKs8PV3eY4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKs8PV3eY4k&feature;=youtu.be[/video]

“This is a invitation by the U.S. Supreme Court the State legislatures to pass reasonable safety conscious restrictions on the nature of the people allowed to own and the nature of the guns themselves and that’s very explicit from the words I just read”

Make no mistake Kline and his ILK will take everything they can get.

Stay vigilant

~Whitney

Raffie

So once the Detards F everyone over with stupid laws they force on us.
They roll out the 100' solid gold Obama statue and at gun point force us to worship it?

kenzmad

So my g26 with a plus 3 mag extender is now an assault pistol? As is my browning 300 win mag with a muzzle brake? Damn sure didnt act like a killing machine last time I went moose hunting.

jefftpr

re-dick-u-las!

A lot of state are trying this angle. We need to all call and write to make sure this does not go through!

amlevin

Actually, there might be enough crap included in this law to even get some of the "elitist" Gun Owners P-O'd. The ones that like their fancy hunting rifles but think we should all be forced to give up our AR's etc.

The law also bans rifles with thumb-hole stocks. Well, there goes a major number of competitive rifles. Also, if your trigger finger is too low when placed on the trigger by the design of the weapon, it too is banned. No more long range hunting rifles with the more vertical pistol grips incorporated into the stock (think McMillan A-5 type stock as well as numerous others).

When the Legislature starts whizzing in the gun elitist's Cheerios's then maybe the'll start making some calls too.

Freedom First

Pretty soon Obama will pass a law "COMPLY OR DIE"

Please remember guys, this is a government by the consent of the people. We as OCers are used to not consenting and yet often allowing Johnny Law to violate our person after using "our words". We do not consent to much of what is done in our names and yet we stand by, idle. Waiting for what? A leader? The truly atrocious act that will impel even our Fudd hunting rifle owning neighbor to the required consciousnesses of the true state of affairs? Some militia guys to charge the enemy lines? No we wait for nothing. We will do nothing. Just as in the Weimar Republic, so also here in America. The men who could do something will stand by as a determined minority which had lied and stolen it's way into power leads that nation into destruction. And in the end there will be their children asking, "Why didn't they do something?" How do you answer that?

The stand that will be forced upon us, the few, the Three Percent, will not be one of words. It will only be when we, as men and women who understand our Rights, who stand together, armed, in the face of and in direct disobedience to these unconstitutional laws that you will see the system cast into disarray. One man or woman is easily killed, but killing a crowd? Much harder to justify in the court of even our "Streicher" clone media.

We will not start the fight, but instead we must be present at the locations and at the heart of these issues. Much like the men at Lexington. The monster will kill us when challenged. It only remains for other men, seeing the true cost of inaction, to stand afterwards and do the work of men.

Nimh

Tune in next month for Senator Kline reintroducing another of his pet bills: Roll back the three strikes laws!

So, criminalize the law abiding with feel good legislation, but release the multi-offending felons from prisons. What could go wrong?