Thread: Andy Griffith might have been right...

Andy Griffith might have been right...

to only let Barney carry a single bullet and then only in his shirt pocket!

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...ing_scene.html
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Sad.

Officers just say "I thought I saw a gun" and "I feared for my life" and get away with murder.

FUQ

But when the smoky haze -- caused by rapid fire of nearly 140 bullets in less than 30 seconds -- dissipated, it soon became clear that more than a dozen officers had been firing at one another across a middle school parking lot in East Cleveland.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Sad.

Officers just say "I thought I saw a gun" and "I feared for my life" and get away with murder.

FUQ
    Odds are that will not be happening in this case.

It remains to be seen how far and how deep the disciplining goes. From the AG's report it looks like shift supervisors are going to be included.

Although perhaps not a perfect example of a fuster-cluck, this will do. The saying is "Hours of boredom interspersed with seconds of excitement." Nothing in there about minutes of carnival rides for everybody.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The real issue.

Follmer (The head union-thug) also criticized the city's administration and its investigation into the Nov. 29 incident, saying he was "disappointed by the premature judgment of the panel to appease the public without knowing the facts." Follmer said officers involved in the incident have been told they will be suspended, demoted or will lose their jobs.

"We have officers right now second-guessing because they don't believe they're being supported by this administration," he said.
    A sternly worded post-it note in a cop personnel record.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...n_preside.html
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

From: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...n_preside.html
    Just days after the shooting, Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association President Jeffery Follmer criticized McGrath for commenting on the situation and defended the actions of the officers involved.

"I don't understand where the bad guys aren't still bad, and now it's the police officers," Follmer said during a news conference on Dec. 1.

"The officers involved are experienced and professional police officers," Follmer said. "For anyone who was not there to judge them without knowing all the facts, or to blame anyone else but the two occupants of that car for their own death, is ignorant and self serving.

"Our officers did a great job."
    The police officers BECOME "the bad guys" when they stop following the law and department regulations. Period.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    From: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...n_preside.html

The police officers BECOME "the bad guys" when they stop following the law and department regulations. Period.
    Careful that might be considered a Rule #6 violation.... We can't make truthful statements about government officials if that statement puts them in a negative light.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by freedom1man View Post
    careful that might be considered a rule #6 violation.... We can't make truthful statements about government officials if that statement puts them in a negative light.
    lololol!!
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    www.CTCarry.com

They did a great job? Well then, Medals of Valor all around!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The real issue.

A sternly worded post-it note in a cop personnel record.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...n_preside.html
    Relax.. the cops were:

"The officers involved are experienced and professional police officers," Follmer said.

Oh boy ... we don't have to bash cops here .. they do it themselves so well