• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A few more spots OC friendly

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
ORC 2923.126 includes the following:

(b) A landlord may not prohibit or restrict a tenant who is a licensee and who on or after September 9, 2008, enters into a rental agreement with the landlord for the use of residential premises, and the tenant’s guest while the tenant is present, from lawfully carrying or possessing a handgun on those residential premises.

Other states would do well to have similar - I like that
icon14.png

Section 3 b
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126

JoshJeh

Call corporate. Either policy changed or the manager does not know BPS policy. We had a similar incident in the BPS in Prattville, AL. The manager learned from corporate that OC is allowed in BPS. However, if a customer is going to be unholstering his firearm for any reason, then it must be checked in, unloaded, and disabled.

If you are OCing with no intention to touch the firearm, they follow State law. If you are going to be trying holsters or other accessories to find if they work with your firearm, then that is a different story. After the Prattville manager was slapped down, we scheduled a few OC shopping trips and lunches to drive the point home.

Unless policy changed, BPS allows OC where State law does.

When OCing I never touch my gun or draw attention to the fact that I have one. I also OC only when I'm with my dad just because I know that when (not if) I get harassed by law enforcement, he'll be able to take responsibility for me.

Immediately after I got home from the store, I sent an email to the complaints department and I guess they just re-routed it to the store manager because the reply I received was from him. He just apologized and offered me a $25 gift card for my troubles. I think I was more offended at that than I was about the actual event. I'll look around to see if I can find a phone number instead of using email.

eye95

Did he indicate that the store was in error, and did he promise correction? If so, that is the desired outcome. I'd say take the $25 and run.

If he did not indicate that the problem had been corrected, ask him again very directly or elevate to corporate.

JediSkipdogg

ORC 2923.126 includes the following:

(b) A landlord may not prohibit or restrict a tenant who is a licensee and who on or after September 9, 2008, enters into a rental agreement with the landlord for the use of residential premises, and the tenant’s guest while the tenant is present, from lawfully carrying or possessing a handgun on those residential premises.

And keep in mind, the tenant must be present for the guest to carry. A guest is anyone not on the lease. So if you loan your key to a friend, even a dating partner, or someone while you are on vacation, they would then be in violation as you are not present.