• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

King County sheriff says 'NO' to NY request for CPL names, addresses

Dave Workman

WHAM! Take that, you New Yawkers...:banana:

King County sheriff denies request from NY firm for names of CPL holders

King County Sheriff John Urquhart has denied a request for the names and addresses of concealed pistol license holders in his jurisdiction, sought by a New York-based on-line video and news organization, citing a state law that exempts such information from public access.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kin...firm-for-names-of-cpl-holders?cid=db_articles

No telling what those flatlanders would do if they suddenly beamed out here to one of DEROS' summer picnics. Quick, call the aid car!!!

conandan

Why do they need to know who has a license in Washington. Its nobodies business who has a concealed licence. These gun control folks have gotten way out of control.

conandan

Well, there's MORE to this, as a correspondent on another forum advised me of this:

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...gun-owners-names-and-addresses-191299591.html

I'm going to do a follow-up.

Every time you hear about these requests for concealed permit information its coming from New York. There is no doubt they want it for more than public information. Should I be getting my tin foil hat ready if I say its the start of a gun registration data base.

conandan

First thing I thought of this morning is they are trying to compile nation wide data...

What other logical reason would a so called news agent want with another states information. I am really glad the sheriff's in these counties are saying no to there requests. But I think they keep going till they find a way to use the law to get what they want.

deanf

Everything the government does on paper should be accessible public record. There should be no state secrets, particularly at the local and state level.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Everything the government does on paper should be accessible public record. There should be no state secrets, particularly at the local and state level.

Well there is more than the 'government' involved in some things....

SECTION 7 INVASION OF PRIVATE AFFAIRS OR HOME PROHIBITED. No person shall be disturbed in his private affairs, or his home invaded, without authority of law.

I have the right to not be disturbed in my private affairs. And since the government has not authorized the information then it stays private.

conandan

I agree that what the government does should be public record. But not the information of private citizens who get a licence to be able to exercise there rights. Which they should not have to get license to do anyway. If government makes a private citizen obtain a licence or permit for an act that is for personal use that is not public information. If you want to know if your neighbors have guns go knock on there door and if they want you to know they will tell you.

xxx.jakk.xxx

The funny thing is that the records, at least in Washington, probably wouldn't get accurate info aside from name in a lot of cases. I applied for my cpl about 4 addresses ago and there's no requirement to update your address except with the dol. So unless the sheriff's office updates their records with every change of address with the dol, they don't have my correct address on file.

Flopsweat

The funny thing is that the records, at least in Washington, probably wouldn't get accurate info aside from name in a lot of cases. I applied for my cpl about 4 addresses ago and there's no requirement to update your address except with the dol. So unless the sheriff's office updates their records with every change of address with the dol, they don't have my correct address on file.

Also, does the Sheriff's Office even have records of CPL holders who applied through the city?

LkWd_Don

Every time you hear about these requests for concealed permit information its coming from New York. There is no doubt they want it for more than public information. Should I be getting my tin foil hat ready if I say its the start of a gun registration data base.

Considering that Hillary is from NY, and knowing her past statements as well as present alliance's, I might say that route may be needed.