Thread: Greater Richmond OC breakfast 2/16 - RCD 9:30am

Greater Richmond OC breakfast 2/16 - RCD 9:30am

Any plans for an OC breakfast this week?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-15-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast 2/16 - RCD 9:30am

Grapeshot will be making his triumphal return to River City Diner - Parham Rd @ I-95. Start time is officially 9:30 am but get there early if you want a good seat.

Remember to stay for the after-breakfast conversation where we rehash everything we just talked about.

Weather forecast is either drizzle turning to snow or clear and 55 - 60. Show up ans see which it is.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

See you there!

Sadly,

I must decline this week. Boss called and I will be working. Yes, I am sure there will be those that talk about me, but it can't be helped.

Have a Garbage plate for me,

:>(

Relax, grasshopper. No need for anxiety.

I see you did find the thread.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If there are any snow flakes I'll be buying all of the bread Food Lion has - figure I can resell it for $5.00/loaf from the back of my truck to panic stricken West Enders........then I can afford to buy some more ammo.

Either way, snow or not, I'll be there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Gonna try again

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I must decline this week. Boss called and I will be working. Yes, I am sure there will be those that talk about me, but it can't be helped.

Have a Garbage plate for me,

:>(
    we don't need you to be absent to talk about you ... :-)
    hopefully will be there with "mini-me", all depends on when the washing machine installer guy arrives to fix the problem he helped cause this evening. Don't look for my car, I think I'll borrow my wife's because I had to take Logan's seat out of my car

Really sorry to have to eat and run this morning...,

it was shaping up into quite the gathering. Great to see you folks there, and good to see CavTrooperCason, thanks for making the trip!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

My wife and I were there but did not know where we should have been seated so we just sat at the table where the guy told us to sit. She is a little shy so we ordered our breakfast and ate quietly. Sorry we did not drop by and introduce ourselves, there is always next time. On a side note, I need to remember to order grits and not 'home fries'. what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    My wife and I were there but did not know where we should have been seated so we just sat at the table where the guy told us to sit. She is a little shy so we ordered our breakfast and ate quietly. Sorry we did not drop by and introduce ourselves, there is always next time. On a side note, I need to remember to order grits and not 'home fries'. what was I thinking?
    We gather every Saturday morning. Most of the time at least one person shows up "early" (before 9:30). Wherever we are for breakfast, ask where "the folks with the guns" are sitting. With few exceptions we can drag another table over and make room for you. At RCD we are usually at the tables in the front window on the right as you come in. If we wind up with more than 8 we get moved to the big room, but you should be able to find us, or just ask.

Hope to see you next Saturday.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Really sorry that we missed you.

What is embarrassing though is that we did not catch/see/observe that someone else came in carrying - must review the security cam footage

Please do check the stickies on Friday each week for the location and try us again.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Really sorry that we missed you.

What is embarrassing though is that we did not catch/see/observe that someone else came in carrying - must review the security cam footage

Please do check the stickies on Friday each week for the location and try us again.
    I believe I did see him but you and I were talking and I passed him off as that snooty fire marshal that comes in.

Check your mailbox Mister Nap. Your package has arrived.

Easy to spot

Generally, "Santa" (Skidmark) and his chief elf with his "purdy gun" on right side (Grapeshot) are easy to find and all of the attendees are friendly and approachable. Don't feel shy or unwelcome. Just wander over and say hello.

Heck, they even let me eat with them sometimes! ;>)

PS: You can have my grits anytime. I usually tell the waitress to send them to the starving children in South America.

Check your mailbox Mister Nap. Your package has arrived.
    I got it and am studying it carefully

On a slightly related note, the circuitry in my auto-dimming welding helmet seems to have shorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I got it and am studying it carefully

On a slightly related note, the circuitry in my auto-dimming welding helmet seems to have shorted out.
    To note a couple of obvious points, those things will damage your vision and simply add weight. Enigma code for the day (XXX)

To note a couple of obvious points, those things will damage your vision and simply add weight. Enigma code for the day (XXX)
    Dang it mine broke. can you send me a new gear set?
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."