• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are there any OC or CC organizations in the Seattle area?

squeezeplae

Are there any OC or CC organizations in the Seattle area? Usually leave the pistol at home but considering whats been going on in this Nation lately I'd better exercise my rights before I lose them. I just don't want to go waltzing out of my house with my pistol and end up in cuffs.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Are there any OC or CC organizations in the Seattle area? Usually leave the pistol at home but considering whats been going on in this Nation lately I'd better exercise my rights before I lose them. I just don't want to go waltzing out of my house with my pistol and end up in cuffs.

I'll make you a deal.... you spend the next week or two reading the Washington forum, read the FAQ sticky... search the forum and read threads from a few years back, read the South Sound OC thread.... then come back and ask the question. If you do that, I won't berate your question. Deal?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Welcome to OCDO.

There is a wealth of information including meet n' greets, pamphlets etc in the WA section. sub-forum.
Read, study and maybe buddy up with an ol' hand a few times.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?131-Washington

Difdi

So, let me get this straight...you went to the website of an OC organization and asked where to find an OC organization?

Why would you think you'd be arrested for obeying state law?

I'll make you a deal.... you spend the next week or two reading the Washington forum, read the FAQ sticky... search the forum and read threads from a few years back, read the South Sound OC thread.... then come back and ask the question. If you do that, I won't berate your question. Deal?

And there's one of our resident personalities, giving the lie to the old saying about armed societies being polite societies. Don't mind Gogo, his bark is mostly worse than his bite. :p

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So, let me get this straight...you went to the website of an OC organization and asked where to find an OC organization?

Why would you think you'd be arrested for obeying state law?

And there's one of our resident personalities, giving the lie to the old saying about armed societies being polite societies. Don't mind Gogo, his bark is mostly worse than his bite. :p

What bark? I tell it like it is...

skeith5

What area are you located in? There are quite a few meet ups around the state you can attend to meet people that oc.

bmg50cal

I'm putting on my foil hat and asking is the OP someone phishing for names of folks? I could see someone trying to come in as a mole at meetups looking for info.

By the way I suspect myself to also be a mole. :p

hermannr

Don't get these guys wrong, there are some here that think you sould read evey comment before you ask any question. I'm not one of them, but then I'm country folk, not citified.

There are a lot of people that OC in WA. You can probably just look at the number of people online on this forum at any given time, and compare to other states here and their number online. Yep, WA does have quite a few OC.

What you really need to do, if you have not already, is read RCW 9.41, WA firearm law. Remember, that which is not prohibited, is permitted. You will never see anything that specifically states "OC is allowed" what you will see is WA state Constitution Article 1 Section 24 that says the individual has the right to bear arms for their own self defence.

As you cannot license a "right" (or it becomes a privilage), and concealed carry requires a license (under most conditions), then unlicensed OC must be legal because of A1/S24.

As you live in Seattle, you may wish to note that under normal circumstances you cannot carry a loaded pistol onto a city bus (because it is a "vehicle") without a CPL (there are execptions in RCW 9.41.060 such as (6), (7), and (8)) or on a Ferry (because it is also a "Vehicle"). Make sure you read RCW 9.41.050, .060, .070, .270, .280, .290, .300....better yet, make sure you read it all, and pay special attention to those listed.

If you are out and walking about, and you do not have a CPL, you can carry anywhere that is not listed in RCW 9,41.300. When you go into a business, remember, they do have the right to ask you to leave if they wish, and you MUST leave if requested by the business management. Most of us tell that management we will never be back. (No guns, No Money, (from us)) Be polite, don't be a nervous Nelly. If you must check you carry, use your elbow, and you will be fine.

Just Us

Don't get these guys wrong, there are some here that think you sould read evey comment before you ask any question. I'm not one of them, but then I'm country folk, not citified.

There are a lot of people that OC in WA. You can probably just look at the number of people online on this forum at any given time, and compare to other states here and their number online. Yep, WA does have quite a few OC.

What you really need to do, if you have not already, is read RCW 9.41, WA firearm law. Remember, that which is not prohibited, is permitted. You will never see anything that specifically states "OC is allowed" what you will see is WA state Constitution Article 1 Section 24 that says the individual has the right to bear arms for their own self defence.

As you cannot license a "right" (or it becomes a privilage), and concealed carry requires a license (under most conditions), then unlicensed OC must be legal because of A1/S24.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

There's alot of good guys and gals in washington with alot of good events. BBQs, Rally's, Monthly Coffee, Shooting, and just a bunch of things that show the general public the good guys and gals out there.

Now you'll find some that will say you doing something wrong or you should do it this way or that way, but don't let it frusturate you. Find a way that fits you just as long as it's legal. Don't get me wrong, there's alot good knowledge and experience. If I hadn't moved to North Dakota I would be there with 75% of them.

And yes I'm just saying it the way I see it.

Last edited:

Vitaeus

"As you live in Seattle, you may wish to note that under normal circumstances you cannot carry a loaded pistol onto a city bus (because it is a "vehicle") without a CPL (there are execptions in RCW 9.41.060 such as (6), (7), and (8)) or on a Ferry (because it is also a "Vehicle"). Make sure you read RCW 9.41.050, .060, .070, .270, .280, .290, .300....better yet, make sure you read it all, and pay special attention to those listed."

I don't have a cite handy, but I remember the discussion of the Ferry and that it was part of the highway system you could walk on or walk around with your loaded open carry without a CPL. Any one have a cite to prove disprove this?

eta: WSF FAQ just lists 9.41.050, but is taht in regards to concealed carry or the vehicle portion? hmmmm

Last edited:

squeezeplae

thanks to all for the advice and the hellos, will be looking for meet and greets in the area, hope to see you soon.